Hello from New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scrambler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    New Orleans
    Hi,

My name is Josh. I'm 28. I've lived in New Orleans for 4 years now, originally from Southern California. I heard about this place from a few different people at various gun shops around.

My favorite rifle right now is the AR-15 I built in 6.5 Grendel. I'd love to use it to shoot a feral hog, especially since hunting them with supressors will soon be legal, and I just picked up my can for it. I also have a Remington 700 AAC-SD .308 rifle that I'll use the suppressor on, just need to pick out a scope for it. I have handguns from .22 to .44 and rifles from .22lr/.222/.223 to .30-06. And of course a couple of 12 guages.

I do most of my shooting at Honey Island or The Shooter's Club.

I'm here to learn more about hunting in the area. I've been wanting to hunt since I moved here, but I don't really know where to go. One of my instructors at Army advanced training was a Marine (joint service school) Sgt. from Alabama who is really into hunting, and he got me even more excited about shooting a pig. I used to hunt rabbits on relatives land in California, but I've never successfully hunted anything bigger.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Hi Josh. Can't imagine what you were thinking moving here from southern California, but welcome to the tar pit. We rarely escape south Louisiana, and when we do we usually get drawn back (Normally it's a woman's fault.) I can't help you with your feral hog problem, but it's damned good to hear from someone who's from the outside.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Hey welcome I spent some time in 29 Palms, CA and MCRD, San Diego I was at Honey Island Saturday afternoon and saw a mamma pig with a piglet near the entrance of the WMA.

armyvet

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    NOLA
    What's up Josh? Welcome to Bayou Shooter.

Looks like we're in the same area; I'm always looking for buddies to shoot with. I'm new to BS as well - be warned, it is addicting.

Top Bottom