Hello Hello

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • new_bayu_shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    Hello new forum member here from the Northeast. I was able to leave the NE (hopefully for good) and I am in Louisiana now in the New Orleans area. Visiting local gun stores is weird to be able to purchase items that are illegal in my old state.

Happy to be here and LOVE it so far down here. Food is amazing, people are really nice so far. Weather took some getting used to but after 2 weeks I got used to it.

Again hello all.

Oh I am wondering if some locals could answer the below for me since I have no idea which forum it should go under.

1) When its time to purchase a home I am looking for something a rural as possible BUT within 30-35 minutes of New Orleans. does such a creature exist? Im not too worried about school districts at this point.

2) I am looking for a small bit of land (could be a quarter acre) to at some point in the next 5 year to put up a prefab tiny home or barn to use as a weekend get away, fishing\hunt lodge etc). Something like the below would be ideal.

https://www.landwatch.com/avoyelles-parish-louisiana-undeveloped-land-for-sale/pid/338409585 (the .48 acre one). I would want it to be within a 4 to 5 hour drive of here. Doesnt have to be actually in Louisiana) just within 4 to 5 hours. Any suggestions to find cheap land? Doesnt even need to be close to the power grid as i would just put in solar as needed but near power would be helpful.

Thanks in advance guys

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Welcome on several fronts. Just remember the difference between a yankee and a damm yankee is after their visit is over they do not go back to the north. ........................................... drill sgt.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard. Go North on I 55 to Ponchatoula and look for land on the East and West side of I 55.

Last edited:

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Hi new_bayu_shooter:

Welcome to BS and south LA. Don't know what's "reasonable" pricing, but last year I sold 2 acres of undeveloped land in Hancock County, Kiln MS for $ 10K. About 1 - 1.25 hrs from NOLA via I-10 East. Contact Buddy Adams, in Kiln, Regional Realty Group, <realestatewolf@yahoo.com> Office: 228.586.0001; Cell: 965.974.1327. Down to earth good ole boy, one of the other type of BS.

Top Bottom