Hello.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrFelixx

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Watson, LA
    Hey y'all! BS Noob here. Had a couple of friends recommend the site to sell some old ammo/brass and gun parts.

My dad was a gunsmith & owned his own gun shop back in the 80's and early 90's. He passed away a couple of years ago and I've been going through some of his old stuff. Found a fair amount of odd-caliber stuff....38-40, 280 Remington, 6.65 JAP, etc. The ammo is old, but I thought some folks might be interested just for the brass???

Anybody have any suggestions on what to do with old gun parts? There are NOT in good shape (they've been sitting in a barn for close to 10 years, some are rusted). Take them to the scrap yard?

Example: I've got a 55 gallon drum full of old gun barrels and receivers...not sure what to do with them. (Thought an area blacksmith or knife maker might find them useful just for the steel).

Anyway, glad to be a part of the BS community! See y'all around! :D

MrFelixx

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2013
    Watson, LA
    Yeah, Dbommer, I've been getting quite a few replies to the post I made in "gun parts" or "Gun smithing" forums. Sounds like a lot of interest...hope folks realize that this is OLD stuff...it's not like Dad had a bunch of AR-15 receivers laying around. It's all old shotgun and bolt action rifle stuff....

Top Bottom