Help locating 10/22 target model.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soulburn01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2013
    Well, I wish I had good news, but the target models are just hard to come by. Most people who want a 10-22 have one of two goals in mind usually. One: have a gun that sits behind the recliner to shoot at random furry animals in the yard. Two: want the receiver to build a fun target gun. I'm guessing your buddy falls in the latter. The first category person does not want to spend extra money on a higher model, the basic 10-22 or take down model is perfect for them. The target plinker person generally wants to build their own, so the usually buy the gun just for the receiver. Academy usually carries both of the basic and take down models. So the biggest question is does he want to spend money? A few local shops may carry the Magnum Research version of the 1022, which although is a bit pricey for a .22, it is a great "out of the box" target platform.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Sorry guys, forgot to update this thread. A member here PM'd me after I posted with info on a shop that had one in stock. My buddy ordered it and is having it shipped to a local FFL. I should know this week if all worked out. If so, I'll post in here that the hunt is over. Thanks again for those that helped source one!

Top Bottom