Help with a 9mm AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger35

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Plaquemine, LA
    Thanks to all the guys here recommending JCCypress, I plan on getting my trust started and looking for my first SBR. I was thinking of basing it off of a CZ Scorpion Evo buy I noticed a few guys with 9 mm AR builds.

Could you guys give a run down on your specs and what you used to build it. I noticed some using Glock mags and offers. A whole new world to me so I would appreciate any information you can provide!

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Quartercircle10 glock lower. Jse upper. Spikes 9mm buffer and spacer. Jse bolt that was cut for glock mags. I will be sbr-ing and going with a Tros 5" 3-lug barrel

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Quartercircle10 glock lower. Jse upper. Spikes 9mm buffer and spacer. Jse bolt that was cut for glock mags. I will be sbr-ing and going with a Tros 5" 3-lug barrel

Pics when its done please! I want a similar set up in the future for my octane 45.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I have a DDLES lower, takes colt SMG mags. They are know to be more reliable and have a bolt catch that works over glock versions. Mine uses a CMMG ramped bolt, 5.5 inch barrel with a Samson Evo rail, tros tri-lug adaptor with an evolution 9mm suppressor.

980317A0-340E-483E-B0A9-1044C0E9BDF5_zpsxnsevymo.jpg

mine runs 100% with factory ammo.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I built mine on a DDLES Colt mag lower. While it runs well and shoots great. It would have been much cheaper and easier to pick up a CZ. If the stocks actually arrive I would have happily picked that instead. They seem more compact to me and lighter which is great plus you get a folding stock which would allow it to sit on the dash of my mule. You just have to wait for mags and such to start being available.

And that's mine with a 9mm Octane.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I also have a couple of 9mm ARs. Think they are awesome. The beauty of the AR platform is you can change everything about it and use the same frame. Change barrel length, swap out uppers and use different calibers, making it a very usefull machines. Don't know of any other firearm that can do as much.

Beauxdog

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    If you want to have problems with your gun then by all means get a QC10 small frame glock lower, if you want it to work get a lower that runs on Colt-Uzi mags. Ive fixed no less than 30 QC-10 lowers and know all the guys working at QC-10. Its a continuous ongoing problem with the BHO and breaking the BHO. If you hold out they are planning to make them using MP5 mags, CZ Skorp Evo mags, and a few others. So patience is key for this battle.

George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    If you want to have problems with your gun then by all means get a QC10 small frame glock lower, if you want it to work get a lower that runs on Colt-Uzi mags. Ive fixed no less than 30 QC-10 lowers and know all the guys working at QC-10. Its a continuous ongoing problem with the BHO and breaking the BHO. If you hold out they are planning to make them using MP5 mags, CZ Skorp Evo mags, and a few others. So patience is key for this battle.

ive broken Bolt catches with regular uzi and c product mags on my ar 9. no one is taking these into a combat zone so i don't see a problem.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    ive broken Bolt catches with regular uzi and c product mags on my ar 9. no one is taking these into a combat zone so i don't see a problem.

Reality is that sub guns don't run bolt catches anyway, but if you are spending the money on a lower and expecting it to do these things it should at least attempt to. Bolt catch breaking isn't the grief here is the fact that the bolt catch flys up and catches on full mags during shooting or doesn't come up on empty mags is my point. Honestly I recommend people pull them out to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom