Help with Local Smith For M92 Big Loop Conversion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi

Dose anyone know of a Local Smith who dose Large Loop conversions on a lever action Rifle?
    I want to Buy a M92 (Rossi .357) but I also want the Large Loop Lever.
    I am considering a SS rifle which is not available with a Large Loop from Rossi.

Local to me would be anywhere from New Orleans area's, Covington, Gulf coast and so ON.

Thanks in advance for the help. I did find one Loop on Ebay - but not sure if that is a drop in part?

Thanks, Arkangel77

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA

Dose anyone know of a Local Smith who dose Large Loop conversions on a lever action Rifle?
    I want to Buy a M92 (Rossi .357) but I also want the Large Loop Lever.
    I am considering a SS rifle which is not available with a Large Loop from Rossi.

Local to me would be anywhere from New Orleans area's, Covington, Gulf coast and so ON.

Thanks in advance for the help. I did find one Loop on Ebay - but not sure if that is a drop in part?

Thanks, Arkangel77

All you do is buy the gun and the lever and its an easy change. I have a Rossi .45 Colt with the big loop lever. Have to make sure the lever is for that gun and not a Winchester 94 loop or something.

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    Did yours come with the big loop or did you install it? I called Rossi and they would not sell me one unless I send in My rifle and paid a $35 bench fee for installing it. plus shipping both ways ya know.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Unless it's different than most lever actions, it's a really simple process. Look up some youtube vids on how to disassemble your rigle. When reassembling, put the large loop lever instead of the standard back in.

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    I called Rossi again today. After being on hold and getting the OK from 3 supervisors.... They will sell me just the Loop alone - for $75 (plus shipping I am sure) BUT - I have to agree to wave any warranty on the rifle for anything that interacts with the lever. Basically, I can save the hassle and expense of sending my Rifle in but I will have to agree to wave all warranty on the rifle ...

I gota tell ya, they not making me feel all warm and fuzzy. SO it boils down to like $85 for the upgrade with NO warranty or $170ish with a warranty.

Its frustrating - Good thing is I can get the SS in 18" barrel which is really what I wanted anyways. Just the expense and BS of the lever. This rifle will have a Big loop or I wont purchase it LOL

lp11

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Livingston Parish
    You might try the Rossi rifleman forum, they have a dedicated forum and classifies on model 92's
    You also might find someone wanting to trade out a large for a regular size loop

Arkangel77

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Picayune - Mississippi
    You might try the Rossi rifleman forum, they have a dedicated forum and classifies on model 92's
    You also might find someone wanting to trade out a large for a regular size loop

Thanks for the Tip - I will go Look around

PS- lol , registration for that site is suspended...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom