Henry homesteader?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    More reviews on henryrifleforums.com. Maybe they got the bugs out of them. I like the Henry's looks and wood stock but I'll stick to my Ruger PCC that has worked the first time and every time. I don't recall ever having a jam with it using Ruger or Glock mags.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I watch a decent amount of the honest outlaw on YouTube. As far as gun YouTubers go I think he’s one of the more honest ones. I consider his opinion as well as James at TFBtv.

I like the wooden stock and it checks all of the boxes. I don’t have any personal experience on it and don’t know anyone personally who has. For me personally I don’t know if it’s worth the price tag if it’s not going to run as advertised. I like that it’s all made and assembled in the USA as well and Henry does have top notch customer service but I’d much rather it just run right out of the box.

Brennon S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2023
    New Orleans
    I just picked one up and put 100 rounds through it. Solid rifle, no regrets. Field strips easily with a 1/8” punch and 1/8” hex wrench. Quality machining and finish. Will be a nice camp gun.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Read one "favorable" review. almost 4 inch group at 50yds....

Its a blowback 9mm pcc. Not my cup of tea. Long, heavy and under-powered, sounds like GM made it.

This just looks boring, but that is just my opinion. At least it takes glock mags.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The recoil web review is laughable,

With factory sights they get a 3.5" group at 50yrs... 7moa or so.

They take this $800 gun, put a $1200 can on it, and $100 sight rail and $200 red dot, at least they got down to 2" at 50yrs.

As setup they have about $2500 in this gun, I would gladly toss in another 1k to get a Korth revolver instead.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I mean if I was gonna carry somthing as a “home steader”… it deff wouldn’t be a 9mm carbine… I mean for what that does why not a ar15 and if you under gun restrictions why not the ol mini14.:.. but to be honest I’d just stick with an old trusty leveraction in a caliber I reload in … 45-70, 44mag, ect could easily be Minuit if pie plate at 100yrds with irons… by the time you have to start adding all that reddot, suppressor, sight rail, it’s not really in the homesteader category no more lol

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The reviews all scream SHILL, even the one reddit review I found.

I just don't understand the draw. Or any scenario when this would be the best choice. I guess to each his own.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom