Hey come comment on an anti-gun sign- ***SUCCESS!!!***

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I posted asking Brookshire's Grocery to remove their false signage claiming that it is a 10 Year Felony to have weapons where alcohol is sold for off-premises consumption. I have called and emailed them, and so has my local store manager, and they have been ignoring it. Come comment (you'll have to 'like' their page first). Tell them you know this is a lie (it is) and that you find it unacceptable!

If you want to. :)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1346892393139&ref=mf

UPDATE! Just posted-

Brookshire's:

The stores have been instructed to remove these signs immediately – they were displayed in error. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your business.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO TELL THEM THANK YOU!!

GOOD JOB EVERYONE!

Last edited:

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    As mentioned, repeated contact attempts by myself and a Brookshire's manager have been routinely ignored.

BTW, I do not claim this is some earth-shattering problem, I just hate people giving others bad info about gun laws. :)

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Quoted here in case they snatch it down (which wouldn't surprise me).

attachment.php

Why does Brookshire's lie to its patrons? This video shows signage in Louisiana stores that falsely claims that carrying weapons where alcohol is sold is a felony (false) punishable by ten years in prison (also false). There is no law in LA that even remotely resembles this claim. This is a total fabrication, and it is alarmist, upsetting, and unnecessary. Many shoppers in LA are concealed permit holders who have been through training and extensive background checks. Every one of them are law abiding citizens, and it is downright shameful that Brookshire's would purposely seek to mislead people in this manner.

I should add that I answer the toll free number for gun rights questions in Louisiana, and I am the webmaster for www.louisianacarry.org and other Second Amendment web sites, and I will be advising our visitors to shop elsewhere until this is resolved. I have been very patient. My local Brookshire's manager and I have been calling and emailing your legal department for months with no response. Remove these signs and stop lying to your customers, please.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Keep in mind their HQ is in Texas. I'm not sure if the law is different there, but that may be where it comes from. I worked at my local Super One Foods for 5 years throughout high school. I'll have to go see if we have that sign. Where was its exact location?

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Open carry of pistols is not allowed and they added theme/amusement parks to the list of places you can't take a gun at all(bars, churches, gov bldgs, etc). Other than that, Texas laws are pretty much in line with LA laws.

I can't help but picture someone losing a pistol mid-loop on a rollercoaster every time i think about the theme/amusement park bit.

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Keep in mind their HQ is in Texas. I'm not sure if the law is different there, but that may be where it comes from. I worked at my local Super One Foods for 5 years throughout high school. I'll have to go see if we have that sign. Where was its exact location?

If you mean the location in the store, it is above the beer cases. If you mean what location it was posted at, it is at every one I have visited.

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    Thanks for the heads up L.C.
    I wrote a comment listing the other B.G. company stores.
    Regarding the comment by "Monica Smart", not so much. :rolleyes:

I'll check the N.I. Super 1 for similar signs.

Art

Last edited:
    Top Bottom