Hey LEO's, Can a Private Citizen Borrow and/or Rent a Traffic Speed Gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    For those living in the subdivision. Do not forget that you too must travel over those speed bumps every time you get on the road. Twice actually, going and coming. No matter how they are designed they are hard on a vehicle. Eventually you are going to get squeaks and rattles in your car. I would fight to the end to keep them out of my subdivision. There are other and better ways to handle
    this.

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Lafayette public streets have speed bumps, speed lumps, speed humps, speed tables, and round-a-bouts all over the dang place. It's extremely annoying, but it does force people to slow down. You might not be able to install them yourself unless the road is private, but your parish can.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    SPEED BUMPS = GROSS.

Shaming them for a few days by yelling at them should do the trick. They'd probably slow down so they don't have to hear you yelling anymore.

Or find other things to worry about. How many cars is this per day? Likelihood of danger is probably near-zero.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    SPEED BUMPS = GROSS.

Shaming them for a few days by yelling at them should do the trick. They'd probably slow down so they don't have to hear you yelling anymore.

Or find other things to worry about. How many cars is this per day? Likelihood of danger is probably near-zero.

We have alot of little kids in general, and sometime they dart in the street after balls, toys, etc. Even if the likihood is infinitesimal, it's not worth it.

And as some of you that have the displeasure of living in subdivisions may know, some of the neighbors are arrogant, rule ignoring asshats!

You allow a kid to get run over and killed by a person that everyone always sees speeding in the neighborhood, it is very likely you will see the dad of the victim kill the offender.

Knave

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If speed bumps aren't a possibility, my only other thought is that you could construct a spike strip deployment strategy that allows you to specifically target problem vehicles while maintaining your anonymity. You'll be like a speed enforcement Batman and totally ethically and morally justified IMO.

But if you decide to do it, please don't get caught, and if you do, don't tell them you got the idea from me.

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    What about this?

If my HOA wanted to use one to make a point in the neighborhood before we actually call the Sheriff's Department, are they available? Where? What do you ask for?

Thanks.

We have camera vans here that photograph and speeders and they get a ticket mailed to them. To combat this, people that disagree with the van issue put up signs that warn "speed van ahead." This gets every one to slow down. Which is what we want any way. Put up a sign that says "radar ahead" Maybe every now and then an officer could come out and issue a citation or two just to keep folks honest.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We have alot of little kids in general, and sometime they dart in the street after balls, toys, etc. Even if the likihood is infinitesimal, it's not worth it.

And as some of you that have the displeasure of living in subdivisions may know, some of the neighbors are arrogant, rule ignoring asshats!

You allow a kid to get run over and killed by a person that everyone always sees speeding in the neighborhood, it is very likely you will see the dad of the victim kill the offender.

No, you won't.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Cat is right. The world is full of dead people with family that do nothing. I do enjoy a good I toughman 'ill get revenge' talk as much as I enjoy a good conspiracy.

Funny to watch the who's who of vigilante justice supporters.

Yup. Later perhaps. Maybe. Mothers are in prison for murdering their children's molester.

But the reaction, the mental response to something like that is inexplicable. Confused and chaotic. Your brain doesn't process the same. Typically the person is too busy trying to talk themselves into waking up, becoming extremely angry because they refuse to accept it, or they run away from it. Some shut down and go on auto pilot, nobody is home.

I'm going out on a limb and suggest if anybody is met with hostility in that situation, it will be the police officer or paramedic.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Cat is right. The world is full of dead people with family that do nothing. I do enjoy a good I toughman 'ill get revenge' talk as much as I enjoy a good conspiracy.

Funny to watch the who's who of vigilante justice supporters.

What in the hell is this supposed to mean? Would you like me to type more slowly so you will know that I am writing as Devils' advocate in third person?

Man, if some of you guys would actually read the sentences you are getting ready to pounce on, you might be surprised at the results.

Besides, if you are trying to catch me stumbling on here, you better get behind Hitman. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom