Hi from WI

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fepowered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I have been looking at traveling down to LA for some recreational shooting including some hunting. I have a cousin who lives somewhere near Baton Rouge. I am currently a RWVA Appleseed Marksmanship instructor and I see that there are plans for more Appleseeds in the State. I have been hunting and target shooting from a pretty young age and became interested in shooting black rifles long distance while in the US Marine Corps which made Appleseed instruction a good fit because the Marksmanship essentials are the same. I try to get to local High Power shoots when my schedule allows. We have a local range which is 500 yards which is nice for doing precision shooting out to that range.
    In order to support my shooting hobbies I am now doing water treatment and maintenance for an industrial facility up here. I worked on Diesel and Gas engines and drivetrain components from Heavy Equipment and other vehicles in the Marine Corps and then went to work for a trucking company working on their Tractors and Reefers when I got out before I found my current job. This gave me great experience for my car building and drag racing hobbies. I mostly build old Ford and Mercury cars with a few Fox and Panther bodied toys thrown in.

fepowered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Thanks
    In case people are not aware, WI is finally issuing CCW Licenses and LA/WI honor each others. I have carried out of WI for years with a MN non-resident permit and it is sure nice to be able to legally carry here now.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Welcome aboard!!! With a handle like that you must have something with a 427 or 428 big block in it!! Man, one thing I wish we could get down here is Spotted Cow beer....went up there to Waukesha for some classes and got turned onto that stuff and I loved it! Ya'll definitely have some damn good brews up there.

fepowered

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Welcome aboard!!! With a handle like that you must have something with a 427 or 428 big block in it!! Man, one thing I wish we could get down here is Spotted Cow beer....went up there to Waukesha for some classes and got turned onto that stuff and I loved it! Ya'll definitely have some damn good brews up there.
    I have a 69 Montego MX project also. I have most of a 428SCJ waiting to be built for that project. I originally started using that name when I had a Montego MX convertible which was powered by a 390 2v motor. I picked up the 428 originally for that car but I sold the car for a down payment on my house.
    I like Spotted Cow and a few of the other New Glarus beers. I have some of their Laughing Fox in my fridge right now.
    Nice Mustang in your Avatar. I also have a M code 1971 Mach 1 which will be getting a 429SCJ (possibly bumped up to 460+ cubes) when it goes back together.

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I have a 69 Montego MX project also. I have most of a 428SCJ waiting to be built for that project. I originally started using that name when I had a Montego MX convertible which was powered by a 390 2v motor. I picked up the 428 originally for that car but I sold the car for a down payment on my house.
    I like Spotted Cow and a few of the other New Glarus beers. I have some of their Laughing Fox in my fridge right now.
    Nice Mustang in your Avatar. I also have a M code 1971 Mach 1 which will be getting a 429SCJ (possibly bumped up to 460+ cubes) when it goes back together.

people down here dont know what that is. i love spotted cow

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yeah, pretty much. It has the original block with a sleeve in number 4 where I dropped a valve on a launch when I used to drag race it in the late 80's and early 90s. Its got flat tops now instead of the 11.7:1 pistons (have them in a box), have the over the counter D1ZX manifold for the over the counter Holley, which I have also in a box, Harland Sharp roller rockers and Hooker Super Comp headers. Have the original manifolds in a box also. Put a blowproof bellhousing on it when I drag raced it (rules you know) and have the original still. Exterior is the original color and I repainted it over the original paint in 1991 and finished the exterior as you see it in '92. Interior is the Deluxe black with comfortweave. Still has the ram air set up, 3.91 gears in the rear and the original top loader tranny. This car was delivered to La. from Dearborn so its been here since it was delivered in 1970. I got it in 1989 after I sold my '72 Mustang convitible with a 351CJ and 4 speed. Man, I gotta say I miss that one...it was Pewter with black deluxe interior. Anyway, I'm a true and blue Ford dude....been driving '71-'73 Mustangs since I've been driving. Also had an Everett-Morrison Cobra with a 460 4-speed that was a lot of fun but sold to finance other projects....Black with Gold stripes..I shoulda kept it a little longer and made more money by selling to one of the Saints or fans after the Superbowl win!!! Anyway, glad to have a Ford dude here with us....Lots of guys here are into the later model Fords too.
    Welcome again!!

Top Bottom