HK45 Trade?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I'm considering a trade for an HK45 and needed some input. The USP45 is way too big for my hands so I have been eyeing up the HK45 for awhile. The high price point has kept me away mostly though. I have a gentleman with a good condition HK45 with about 500 rounds through it with box and two mags. He wants out the .45 game and wants a 9mm. He wants to trade me for my new glock 17 and six 50 round boxes of HP ammo. I feel this is a pretty good deal, especially since I've been itching to try an HK45 for awhile. I'm on the fence. Thoughts ?

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Pounce on it! Consider the ammo a zero factor, holsters and ammo are usually like swimming pools, you don't sell your house but keep the pool. (main reason is 2nd hand ammo offers no guarantee that it was stored properly, not prematurely aged, etc.) Looking at your screen name I assume you have at least a tacit involvement in Public Safety, meaning you can replace a Glock for around $425, new. Even as a private citizen, let's say the Glock is worth $500 new? HK products always have and always will go up in value. At close to a grand for any HK 45, it is a win/win proposition. Just my opinion...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    g17=600 bucks new (5-550) on the used market and depending on the ammo, roughly 30 bucks a box which is 180 bucks, so 780 is what the max value of your trade would be. The HK45 is 800-1000 all day every day. I would make the trade.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I have the HK45 Compact Tactical. I'm a short guy with small hands and my HK does not give me any problems. I have found that I just need to avoid pistols with double stack magazines. I love my HK. I prefer to shoot subsonic rounds for confortable target shooting because it reduces the kick. I keep supersonic rounds it it for protection. My only complaint is the lack of holsters for this pistol and I also replaced 2 springs in it. As furnished, if I recall correctly, it took 20 pounds force to cock it and 12 pounds force to release the hammer to fire it. I found this to be a bit too much. The police double action only varient cocked at 12 pounds and fired at 4 pounds. This is more to my liking even though my pistol fires both single and double action. I also have a supressor. The barrel was threaded to accomodate a supressor as purchased. But strangely, it did not include a knurled threaded thing to protect the exposed threads. It also is easy to disassemble and requires no tools to do so. I have never had a misfire or failure to eject with about 1500 rounds fired.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom