Hog Hunters- you may want to try this

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    A buddy of mine told me a couple of weeks ago told me about how well using "chops" (crushed corn feed) works for attracting wild hogs.

Well, I put some out this past Saturday over about a 1/2 acre area at my camp, and yes- it worked. When I went back to check on Sunday, they had absolutely torn the area up.

I was told they can pick up the smell of the crushed corn from a much greater distance than regular whole corn, and after what I saw, I have no reason to doubt it.

If you're into still hunting for some wild pork- you might want to give chops a try......

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    as soon as it gets a little cooler, the boy and I would like to shoot a hog or two. we just need to find a place that we can hunt very occasionally, maybe 2-3 times a year. I'll keep this in mind, thanks.

lsu fan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    rice bran works well too. I had a sow bury her nose in the stuff and roll all around in it. It looked like she won the lottery!

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    A buddy of mine told me a couple of weeks ago told me about how well using "chops" (crushed corn feed) works for attracting wild hogs.

Well, I put some out this past Saturday over about a 1/2 acre area at my camp, and yes- it worked. When I went back to check on Sunday, they had absolutely torn the area up.

I was told they can pick up the smell of the crushed corn from a much greater distance than regular whole corn, and after what I saw, I have no reason to doubt it.

If you're into still hunting for some wild pork- you might want to give chops a try......

I could be wrong, but I think that's illegal. Don't quote me.

Top Bottom