Hog Hunting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullpup

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am looking to do some hog hunting. Anybody need some gone from their property or know of a place around Baton Rouge? Shoot me a pm. Thanks

ryan

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Metairie
    I have been wanting to go hog hunting for years now. Anyone willing to have an extra tag along? I can provide whatever is needed from me.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    In Mississippi, you don't need a license and you can use anything you want, at any time, to kill hogs. They seem to have a bigger problem than anyone around here.

I find it odd that TX and MS have big problems, but somehow we're spared for the time being.

J

jayd

I've seen a few threads in the texas section of arfcom about hunts
    Looks like they range from 0 if you know someone to 500 if you want a guided trip using their nightvision scopes
    It's worth looking into

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Pope Brothers Guide Service
    www.pbgso.com

Their site was working last night, must be down today, but it has a ton of info on it.

It looks like all you need is a 5-day hunting permit for $48, but they have so damn many licenses listed on the TPWD page that it's tough to figure out.

They're running specials through October on Hog hunts. They seem to have a very good reputation as well. Can't beat $200 a night, all inclusive, no kill fees. They will even provide a rifle and a range to zero if yours in inadequate, all you pay for is the ammo you use.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    There are hogs all around where I live and the majority of the land is private.. Dont care much about going to hunt state land in the basin because of the hunting pressure and all of the people....I would love to take some hogs day or night off someones property that wanted them gone..I would even consider joining a lease just for hog hunting..If there is anyone around the Morgan City/Laff area please pm me..:cheers:

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    It is fun! I went to Natchez to a private hunting club and bagged 180lb hog at 110 yds at night. It is a blast to say the least.
    d87385cf-a798-3b27.jpg

Cookoff

Retired State and Mil. AF
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    001.jpgTaken on Federal Public land north of Alex, all you need is a La. Lic. and a free permit for Kisatchie, catahoula Ranger District, plenty of Hogs, Deer too. Oh I forgot to say a large cal. gun works best on the big ones,44 mag. or larger, 300 grain bullets,the animals are taken in some very thick areas, you have to shoot through bushes...need a bullet that does not deflect much..big and slow works best...

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Taken late in the day.., behind the house here...assist to : Spanky ( fo legged one ) , Rambo, Red, Sandy

2009-12-24001.jpg
    [/IMG]

Top Bottom