Hollis v. Lynch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    He knew what he was doing when he submitted the form 1. Are machine guns where we want to bring a fight? Aren't their easier NFA items to try and get removed from NFA registration?

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    There is a certain justice being sought as well.

It is my understanding that there have been several post samples that where allowed to be transferred, usually in the form of political favors.

Also the whole post sample thing was not a law that was ever passed, it was just a new Interpretation.

I have only been casually been following this, again it is my understanding (not my own unabridged work) that a few examples where in fact discovered and will be presented into evidence.

I did try to scan through the legal documents and could not even locate the section on this.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    So nothing would change for us?

This is just to say if I can't have it I don't think you should have it?

Don't know!

Being above the law in the form of political favoritism is the lowest form of maggotry! It has ruined so many lives and so many tenets of democracy, it has to stop. So, if that is the one good thing that comes out of this, I am good with it.

It is hard to find a man, when he is the recipient or beneficiary of political favoritism, willing to shout the practice down. And of course it feels great; but it is corrupt nevertheless! And in the long haul, it only benefits a very minute percentage of people in the collective. The negative repercussions are far more collateral.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    It's not about hypocrisy. Or political favors. The guy is aiming at taking down the ban on new machine guns for citizens. The Hughes Amendment to the GCA of '68 prevents the sale or transfer of machine guns that were made after 1986. This effectively prohibits the manufacture of new machine guns by citizens. As I understand it, the NFA does not prohibit manufacture or transfer/sale of machine guns, but instead regulates them much like SBRs and suppressors are today. If he wins his case, the Hughes Amendment gets struck down, but the NFA is unaffected. So, best case scenario is that it will no longer be illegal for a citizen to possess, transfer or even manufacture a machine gun, provided that they pay the $200 transfer tax, and register it.

As the kids say "I'm down with this".

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    He knew what he was doing when he submitted the form 1. Are machine guns where we want to bring a fight? Aren't their easier NFA items to try and get removed from NFA registration?

If you are willing to pant your flag on the second ammendment or any portion of it then yes. And until the law of the land ruturns to be "shall not be infrenged" any government regulated weaponry should be fought to be unencumbered.

If you are a free citizen of the United States you should be able to purchase (or build) anything you can afford to pay for.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom