Home owners insurarance in Louisiana.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rm2092

Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Looks like its time to shop for a new carrier in louisiana, my renewel just came in the mail and it whent up $2100.00 for the year with Centauri.

My agent says she will shop it around and I figured I'll do some shopping around my self so I'm looking for some sugestions.

Thanks.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Same happened to me with Safeco. Almost doubled my premium. My agent found Allstate was the best price. They actually have a "new customer" discount, plus a substantial discount for a full hip roof (no gables). It seems they are actually trying to generate new customers in this area whereas others like Safeco, State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc raise your rate until you choose to go with someone else. They won't write any new customers here.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    106   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    good luck buddy... I told my ins company the same thing 2 years ago, said i was dropping them cause they keep going up for no reason, never made a claim... after calling around, and hearing what they were offering and telling them what i had, they all told me i better call them back quick... well, i had to eat crow and call them back and pay my premium... lol... i have checked the last 2 years and a row lol to no luck

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    Same happened to me with Safeco. Almost doubled my premium. My agent found Allstate was the best price. They actually have a "new customer" discount, plus a substantial discount for a full hip roof (no gables). It seems they are actually trying to generate new customers in this area whereas others like Safeco, State Farm, Farm Bureau, etc raise your rate until you choose to go with someone else. They won't write any new customers here.
    Also ended up switching to AllState after a $1k/yr hike from SageSure.

Downside: AllState will only cover 40% of the cost of any future roof claim given age of our roof. Wasn’t the case with any prior provider. AllState Agent failed to mention this detail when providing the quote, stating that their coverage would be nearly identical to our former.

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Similar story to most here...homeowners went up quite a bit.

One of my customers happens to be the Insurance commissioner here in LA and I spoke to him a few weeks ago when he stopped in. Earlier this year, Landry signed some "industry-friendly" laws that were supposed to help ease homeowners costs but not a single person I've talked to in the last 3 months has seen a decrease. All were either no change or increases. I asked Tim what the reasoning and his explanation was that, of course, it will take time for insurance companies to digest changes and adjust premiums accordingly but also, it's still ultimately a gamble whether they will come down at all. There was nothing in the laws that said they had to so the overall intent of the laws may not work at all. He also threw some pretty technical insurance stuff at me but, I won't lie, insurance is my kryptonite. My wife has been in the industry for over 20 years so I default to her on all things insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Durst
    Top Bottom