Honey Island AAR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    First time at Honey Island and I'm impressed. Nice place. Nice people. Very helpful range staff.

For what it is, I'm satisfied and will go again. I'll drive right passed the range in Covington and drive another hour (round trip) and burn $15 in gas
    to go there instead.

See you at the range...

Thebanker

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge/Denham
    i enjoyed honey island the one and only time i went also. My son has 2 free passes to allow a adult of his choice in for free, the range officers give them out to kids at the gun shows. Hopefully i can put those passes to use soon.

Smokeless

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    New Orleans
    Went there a couple weeks ago. Everybody was zeroing in their hunting rifles so there was a little bit of a wait for the rifle range but it wasn't too bad. I got to shoot an HK SLB2000, that is a bad-ass gun!

threexcharm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2011
    Tangipahoa Parish
    Me and my wife went yesterday, for the first time. We had to go to Mall Wart to get a
    one day Louisiana Wildlife stamp. We wanted to check the place out before we went
    long term on the range. Had to sign in and out to get out of the refuge. Its a little pain
    in the butt, but it is understandable when you deal with anything that the government
    is managing. I understand it is also good if there is a person missing in the refuge. Not
    really a hassle.

Oh yeah, the range. Real nice. The weather was great. My wife got a lot of free lessons
    from the range officer (I think he liked her :-) He gave us some good information to help
    us shoot better. The range is run professionally and safely. It was a pleasant experience.
    A lot nicer shooting outdoors that in a dark indoor range. We will be going back soon,
    especially in the cooler weather that we will be having now. Me and my wife = four thumbs
    up!

Joe

Jdalton

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I've jst started going there. Gna go ahead and join because I want to go more often. The range officers are cool for the most part. My new happyplace as well!

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    A couple recommendations...get a Cane Pole fishing license instead of the Wild LA Stamp. I think it's $2 if I remember right, and it's good for a year. Also, next time you're out there grab a few extra check-in cards. I fill them out at home before I leave (takes me about 6 seconds now :D) and just toss them in the box on your way in.

Me and my wife went yesterday, for the first time. We had to go to Mall Wart to get a
    one day Louisiana Wildlife stamp. We wanted to check the place out before we went
    long term on the range. Had to sign in and out to get out of the refuge. Its a little pain
    in the butt, but it is understandable when you deal with anything that the government
    is managing. I understand it is also good if there is a person missing in the refuge. Not
    really a hassle.

Oh yeah, the range. Real nice. The weather was great. My wife got a lot of free lessons
    from the range officer (I think he liked her :-) He gave us some good information to help
    us shoot better. The range is run professionally and safely. It was a pleasant experience.
    A lot nicer shooting outdoors that in a dark indoor range. We will be going back soon,
    especially in the cooler weather that we will be having now. Me and my wife = four thumbs
    up!

Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom