Honey Island and Recurve?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    The GF and I are getting each other Recurves for Christmas but I dont know where to go shoot other than driving out to my brothers an hour away. Can I just go to honey island (not the gun range) Take a foam target out there and just shoot? IK there is a place in pearl river that has a Range but I would prefer to just shoot outside.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Does Slidell have a City Park? I don't see why you couldn't shoot a bow there or empty baseball field.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Most guys I know shoot in their backyard at 20-30 yards. I have a target setup with some plywood as a backstop.

Last edited:

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I know in Jefferson Parish it is illegal within 500 feet of any park, highway, house, building, and such. You would have to check St. Tammany though. I would think they would be pretty simular. That's according to Article VI division 3 20-150.

Last edited:

johnmichael

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Hammond, La
    I backyard shoot mostly, I can get out to 30 yards...however, let me tell you of a magical place...a place full of 3-D targets, walking target trails, and FREE entry. Its a land called Waddill Wildlife Refuge and if you can make the trip from Slidell, I HIGHLY recommend it.

There are 2 trails you can walk down and fire at 3-D targets along the way, one if for compound bows, the other (and much better trail) is for recurve shooting. There is also a large open range out to 60 yards with targets set at 10 yard increments as well as 10-15 3-D targets.

Check it out, it's freaking fantastic.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waddill-Wildlife-Refuge/176991165684881

Top Bottom