Hope to know the rest of the story.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    The clerk is being charged with manslaughter because he shot the suspect as he was fleeing the store.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    What if he was running with his weapon pointed back at the clerk?
    Or with a firearm in his hand or on him. It doesn't have to be pointed at him for the clerk to be in fear of his life.

Even if the clerk wins, there's a good chance he will lose everything in lawyer fees.

If I remember right in Louisiana, you have to have all 12 jury member vote not guilty or you stay in jail. If he was in fact running away, I don't think his attorneys will prove to 12 people he was in fear of his life. But as the OP said, we don't know the whole story.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Or with a firearm in his hand or on him. It doesn't have to be pointed at him for the clerk to be in fear of his life.

Even if the clerk wins, there's a good chance he will lose everything in lawyer fees.

If I remember right in Louisiana, you have to have all 12 jury member vote not guilty or you stay in jail. If he was in fact running away, I don't think his attorneys will prove to 12 people he was in fear of his life. But as the OP said, we don't know the whole story.
    It takes 12 to CONVICT .

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Yup. Can’t shoot them when they’re running away.

Unless you're in Texas:

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42 provides that a person may use deadly force against the crime of criminal mischief at night IF the person has a reasonable belief that the deadly force is immediately necessary and a reasonable belief that the property could not be protected by any other means.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    So after the robber successfully robs the store, and is on his way out, the clerk shoots him, and also throws one into an innocent bystander. Then he sets the alarm and locks up, leaving the store, AND THE INJURED BYSTANDER??? I'd like to know did the bystander jump in a car and rush to the hospital, or hang around the lot waiting for police and EMS, who made the phone calls to summon authorities, and a few other questions that need clearing up. Locking up and leaving sounds pretty messed up, though. First thing I'd think is he went home to hide some weed that he'd had on him at work or something, like that was the real problem of the moment.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Unless you're in Texas:

Texas Penal Code Section 9.42 provides that a person may use deadly force against the crime of criminal mischief at night IF the person has a reasonable belief that the deadly force is immediately necessary and a reasonable belief that the property could not be protected by any other means.
    Read the last sentence .

Top Bottom