House burned down - if you wish to help this young soldier, or not.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Below is a quote from an email I received from a veterans association I am associated with. I feel it is legitimate and have no reason to question the validity of the situation. I am not sure if there will be a way to donate material items at some point.
    You can donate by clicking on the link:
    https://langea.org/kenneth-brewer-fund/
    It looks like it is set up for $25, $50 and $100 dollar donations

"SPC Kenneth Brewer's home burned to the ground this morning while he was attending drill. It appears to be a total loss. LANGEA has set up a Family Assistance Fund to assist the Soldier in replacing appliances, clothing, bedding, and contents that is not covered by insurance. Our hope is that through the generosity of other LANGEA members, we are able to raise between $5,000 and $7,000 to get this Soldier back on his feet quickly. He has a place to stay temporarily, so lodging is not an immediate issue.

Sincerely,

CSM Steve Stuckey
    Chairman
    The Louisiana National Guard Enlisted Association"

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I think that it is legit because I got the same info from another source. Having lived through a house fire when I was a kid, I know what his family is going through.

shnev

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Being a member of the Louisiana Army National Guard Enlisted Association (LANGEA), and personally know CSM Steven Stuckey, I'm sure that it is legitimate.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The only reason I mentioned "I feel it is legitimate and have no reason to question the validity of the situation." is that there was something here on BS.com that was not. It involved a fire, but not a soldier. Although I do not know what happened first hand I believe this is 100% a good cause. I assume that LANGEA checked it out before acting.

Tallwalker,
    From what I know it doesn't take much to total a house and all it's contents from a fire. Smoke damage being a big factor.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom