How do I get to the Buffer Zone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gulfdiver

Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    Is it off 59 or 10?
    Is it a dirt road?
    Do you need a 4X4?
    Correct me if I am wrong but from the freeway going east you would hang a left going under the freeway and it would be your first left and follow the road to the end?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Here:
    picture.php

For the record, it's off of 10.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Is it off 59 or 10?
    Is it a dirt road?
    Do you need a 4X4?
    Correct me if I am wrong but from the freeway going east you would hang a left going under the freeway and it would be your first left and follow the road to the end?
    It is exit 2 off of I-10. There is a visitor center with restrooms south of 10. You will be goin north of 10.

Come in from northern road & loop back to the BZ & the road is good except for a few holes. It is about .7 miles north of I-10. You'll be turning left just before the hwy turns to due north. Street vehicle will make it.

Come in from the southern road & the road is not too good. Long rutted muddy hole. Some vehicles might get stuck.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    It is exit 2 off of I-10. There is a visitor center with restrooms south of 10. You will be goin north of 10.

Come in from northern road & loop back to the BZ & the road is good except for a few holes. It is about .7 miles north of I-10. You'll be turning left just before the hwy turns to due north. Street vehicle will make it.

Come in from the southern road & the road is not too good. Long rutted muddy hole. Some vehicles might get stuck.

Sounds kinda far for BR folks..

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    LOL.. None of the above....

And for the record.. I have gone there on my motorcycle and in my wifes mini.. The road is not that bad... (but FYI I drive the mini like Im in a rally...:rofl:)

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    LOL.. None of the above....

And for the record.. I have gone there on my motorcycle and in my wifes mini.. The road is not that bad... (but FYI I drive the mini like Im in a rally...:rofl:)

Hmmm, just a little of topic, but anybody else notice the qualifying "wifes" before every mini, lately?:p:mamoru::rofl::rofl:

(just F'n with ya swamp!! :D)

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    :ohreally::ohreally::hahano:

I just got my man card back. I have to do some cover work to maintain it now....
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But for the record.. I like the Mini alot... If you have never gone 130 MPH on a bumpy country rd jumping hills and sliding corners you just havent lived...

I took it to Missouri last year and my brother and I took it to his hunting camp .. It was a blast hauling ass on those old country roads..
    But fact of the mater is... It really is my wifes....If it where mine it would have the Works package :rofl:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    :ohreally::ohreally::hahano:

I just got my man card back. I have to do some cover work to maintain it now....
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

But for the record.. I like the Mini alot... If you have never gone 130 MPH on a bumpy country rd jumping hills and sliding corners you just havent lived...

I took it to Missouri last year and my brother and I took it to his hunting camp .. It was a blast hauling ass on those old country roads..
    But fact of the mater is... It really is my wifes....If it where mine it would have the Works package :rofl:

Actually, the mini is a fun little toy. Like a street legal go-kart. My friend had a S with the Cooper Works package and it ran it's ass off. I took it around NPR a few times! He's since gotten rid of it for Lotus's (Loti? :D). His current is a Exige S240. 250+ HP in a 2000 lb car! :eek: He says it's his second most favorite car, next to his F430! ;)

Top Bottom