How do you think this plays out?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    License is blurred but appears to be Florida issued. Displayed when involved in a traffic stop. He must be a traveler, lol.

no searches.jpg

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I love watching the sovereign citizen stops on YouTube. I'm not driving I'm traveling LOL.
    Most agencies wait too long to break the window.

I found another YouTube channel I like it's. State Boys Louisiana it has our LSP Troopers. Haven't seen any sovereign citizen stops on there yet.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Has anyone looked up the listed laws to see if he's right?
    I did a quick search and what I read (and interpret) in FL law, if you refuse to sign a citation, its trouble.
    "Any person who willfully refuses to accept and sign a summons as provided in subsection (2) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree." FL statutes

I was waiting for you to chime in as you are far more versed on the applicable law. I don't think refusing to sign is going to work out well for anyone.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Now people have an attorney service that the lawyer is on a FaceTime call speaking to the LEO. I guess deliberations do occur on side of the road now. Traffic court will become a distant memory. I know it won’t but…one step closer

sil-40

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    According to Florida law (322.15 (1)) a license must be “presented or submitted upon demand”. To the letter of the law, I think this person has satisfied that condition.

The problem comes to s. 318.14 (2): “any criminal traffic violation listed in chapter 316 must sign and accept a citation indicating a promise to appear.

s. 318.14 (3)- “Any person who willfully refuses to accept and sign a summons as provided in subsection (2) commits a misdemeanor of the second degree”

Predictably, a lot of Sovereign Citizens traffic stops go hilariously (and sometimes tragically) wrong. At best, the vast majority of them are pseudo-legal morons who have just enough brain power to file court motions to tie up legal issues in poorly written legal jargon. At worst, they’re entitled scam artists, tax evading frauds and violent towards others.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    The way it was explained to me is that by signing the ticket/summons/etc. you promise to appear in court on a specified date, and you can go after you have signed it. Refusal to sign and you can be arrested and taken to court RFN, and the judge will see you when it is convenient for him. May be today, may be next week.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I love watching the sovereign citizen stops on YouTube. I'm not driving I'm traveling LOL.
    Most agencies wait too long to break the window.

I found another YouTube channel I like it's. State Boys Louisiana it has our LSP Troopers. Haven't seen any sovereign citizen stops on there yet.
    After finding out what a "sovereign citizen" was, I watched a few videos about them.
    Seem more like crazy leftists.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    " But I'm not driving . I'm traveling . " Well , you're OPERATING this motor vehicle and you must be licensed to do that . They focus their defense on the word " driving " . There are a lot of synonyms for " driving " that I would like to see them rebut .

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom