How do you think this plays out?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    "Driving" is how a sovereign citizen engages in "traveling" and what I do daily to get to work is driving? One is like the other, just with quotes so that its exempt from your laws.
    Its weird, for many years while we taught land nav we called it traveling as we moved thru open terrain....I didn't realize it applied to vehicles too :dogkeke:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Driving is not addressed in the Constitution for obvious reasons. And there are generally accepted laws regarding "what arms you can bear" and "who can" (i.e. convicted felons) which makes "bearing arms" a constitutional right that is also an issue of privilege under law.

Actually.... Who wants to tell him?

Maybe you need a refresher on your constitutional knowledge.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Imaging if a Flock/speeding camera was on the back roads catching speeders?
    City mails out tickets and lays off the police?
    I feel a bit ashamed. I started the flock camera debacle, got super busy and burned out from work, and bailed on the whole thing, haven't even read through the thread. I barely even looked at the forum at all for a couple weeks. Long days in that heat was brutal. Gonna have to take a gander.

sarky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    It will depend on how smart, stupid, ignorant, angry, egocentric the cop is. This exactly why there are so many lawsuits against cops and their departments! We have the most poorly trained cops in the entire world and in the most dangerous way. They aren't given annual psych evaluation, they aren't required to have on going education, or training on new laws, and they aren't held personally responsible for their illegal/criminal actions.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    It will depend on how smart, stupid, ignorant, angry, egocentric the cop is. This exactly why there are so many lawsuits against cops and their departments! We have the most poorly trained cops in the entire world and in the most dangerous way. They aren't given annual psych evaluation, they aren't required to have on going education, or training on new laws, and they aren't held personally responsible for their illegal/criminal actions.
    Assuming that the current law says "sign the citation or go to jail today", and we call LEO's "sworn officers" for a reason, what choice does the guy in the OP leave the LEO if he won't sign the citation? I am assuming that he won't (read the sign) and that he has been stopped for a lawful reason (no/expired tags seems to be all the rage with "sovereign citizens" from my brief, very scientific watching on YT). I also assume that escalation is imminent, but that's because, IMO, the guy in the picture, knowing full well that he is causing the issue, has started something that he really doesn't want to finish.

I find the videos mildly entertaining and a little bit sad because I also assume that, with the exception of social media types, there is some mental illness/instability at play. Taunting (at least from the LEO's perspective) will not lead to anything immediately good and most folks have the presence of mind to know better.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I disagree with your statement above. Have you lived in at least 30 other countries on planet earth for at least a 6 month stint each? (to evaluate their LE personnel and procedures) A simple short term visit will not suffice. Do you have some sort of empirical data, or reliable source to prove your statement above?

LE in the US are held accountable for their illegal or criminal actions. Cops simply do not have a free pass to do whatever they want without any accountability. If you are a cop and sell illegal drugs, you will be arrested and prosecuted, in time. If you are a cop and murder/execute perps or victims, you will be held accountable. How can you make the statement cops/LE in the US are not held personally accountable is beyond me. Sure there are some bad apples in LE but given time, I believe they will be exposed and held accountable for their actions. It has happened before, prosecution of LE for crimes, numerous times. Happened in local LA PDs and the LSP. You have to remember/keep in mind police candidates/trainees are drawn from our society, they are in effect a sampling of our society. Good or bad.

You seem to have a very dim opinion of LE in the US. I'd be willing to bet you have had run ins with LE over years. Or perhaps friends or family? Can you imagine what our world would be like without any LE? What our American cities and towns would be like without LE? Like so many pushed for during and after the George Floyd debacle, "de-fund the police"? Some wanted to disband local police departments all together. Yeah, that would work out really well. LOL

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    When they come kick doors for guns, likely 0 cops here will quit their jobs, they will all kick doors for Kamala at the command of Sid & Sharron…because their paychecks & pensions will require it.

How many are gonna quit?

How’s that gonna play out?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom