How many of you are really happy being married? Would you do it again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you really happy being married?

• NO

Votes: 12 8.3%
    • Yes

Votes: 103 71.5%
    • I would give it another try

Votes: 7 4.9%
    • F*** marriage, never again

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I have heard this about marriage, but, I know people that didn't stop? I dated a girl for almost a year back when I was younger and it never got old, only got better. What gives? If I ever get stuck married, I want to know about this phenomena and avoid!

Thirty years of marriage can change a lot. Don't get me wrong all is good. But when we dated and were first married things were a lot more adventurous and frequent. We do have a lot of respect for each other and I do love my wife now more than ever. My first posts were mostly joking but there may be a thread of truth to them.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    After being pointed out to me that my "PICKER" was broken due to the unsuccesful marriages I had experienced,hince; due to the fact of picking the wrong female partners I have resorted to the enclosed method of addressing the issue of to be married or not.

It has worked SUCCESSFULLY for almost 12 years. Keeping in tact all of the benefits stated in the previous post that seem to disappear in permenate marriages as stated by some.

Seven days a week of HAPPINESS,ie Life is to be ENJOYED not simply endured!

Please feel free to copy and use at your discression:} ENJOY!!!!!!

Weekend Marriage License

Date: __/__/____

Recipient: Any Willing Female: ____________________

Please print

ONE WEEKEND OF WILD UNBRIDLED RODEO SEX!!!!!!!!

By signing this document, I __________________ adhere to all privileges of matrimony for a time not to exceed nor last less than a period of 48 hours. This will include vaginal and oral sex of course. Let it be known that during this union nagging, bitching, complaining, or crying will not be tolerated no matter how necessary it may be. However, multiple females will be tolerated and expected to participate.

Upon signing this document, both parties will begin there 48 hours of lust and sin.

Male: _____________________

Female: _____________________

Witnesses: _____________________

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    18 years today and still loving it. God is #1 in both of our lives, and my wife is #2 and then my 2 boys.

Everyday is not perfect. Sometimes we get mad at each other.
    But she is still my best friend and love of my life.

Would I do it again? Yep.
    I've told my wife if she dies I will probably remarry within a year. I don't think I could survive single now.
    She said there is no way she would ever remarry.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    5th wife...she insists on being refered to as wife and not current wife

Met after in 1988 as members of a church music group in outreach ministeries. ( I met Jesus in 1984 while Ms Dawg was raised in a little country church, same one we are in now.

I was a little wild in the " day " so I credit my relationship with the Lord 100% with the success of this 5th try.

We just made 23 years and are still best friends, don't know how to word this but our focus in life is still evangelism in one form or another.

So...yep, I'm happy and yep I'd do it again and man if this is brainwashed I like brainwashed.

Raised one grandson from 3 yo , he's also a Christian as is his long time g/f.

Once again all the credit to God as I can not now see much use in trying marriage w/o Him in the middle of it. Who can understand the female machine better than the manufacturer ??

signed
    Dawg

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    16 years. Would I do it again with someone else? NO! The heartache to get where I am with someone in a relationship now isn't worth it. To start all over from scratch? Absolutely not. More importantly, my husband couldn't ever be replaced. Where we're at is worth it, and I value every bit of the good and bad we've shared together. But I'm emotionally invested in him. I don't ever see myself doing it all over again knowing how much it takes to build this type of marriage. I treasure it. I value it. It means everything to me to spend the rest of my life with Spec. Would I marry Specularius all over again? Yes, in a heartbeat. But marrying him again and marrying again to someone else are two entirely different things to me.

We've both changed. I think we're two different people than when we were dating in 1994. But we've changed together. We have different hobbies and there are pet peeves that we both have that drives the other nuts. We do things as a family, and do things together. Would I have went off and got my CHP and learned to enjoy shooting without him? No. Would I be able to understand basic boat motor discussion on my own? No. But he enjoys those hobbies and I've made them my own. Come to find out, they're pretty cool hobbies and I can brag I've been in a faster boat than he has. ;)

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I don't understand this whole "No more sex/blow jobs after you are married thing." Unless you want it/them from someone other than who you married. Been married for 17 years. Every day is bliss. HA HA. Ok, maybe not every day but more than not and we have a lot of fun together. I say it all the time, I'm a lucky girl.

I don't get it either. Apparently Mel is the same. ;)

What can I say, he knows the secret buttons to push. And it's a good thing that he can make me laugh. That's the only thing that keeps him and his little buddy alive at 5AM.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    I don't get it either. Apparently Mel is the same. ;)

What can I say, he knows the secret buttons to push. And it's a good thing that he can make me laugh. That's the only thing that keeps him and his little buddy alive at 5AM.

This "little buddy"? LOL

gilligans-isIand.jpg

partigras

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes, absolutely!!

Was married first to the wrong person, miserable and only lasted a few years. Single for 8 years then met THE one. I knew the day I met her. Dated every day until we married a year later, 20 years ago. I would do anything for her, really. She is smart, attractive, kind and I'm still crazy about my lovely wife.

Needs to be the right one, that's the difficulty. I just knew with her. With my first wife, I also knew it wasn't right, but was too young to realize I guess.

In those 20 years, maybe 2-3 disagreements. Can't remember the last one, more than 10 or 15 years ago, I'd guess. I would marry her again and again.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    ROFL

I have a bigger question than would you remarry. "What's with the morning wood?!?!" Come on, seriously? Do you know how many mornings I've had to "play dead and snore" until the sun came up at least?

Just give it to him one time, you will make him a very happy man!!! lol

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Would I remarry? Absolutely not, but this is my third marriage. Finally got a good woman, she's OCD and I learned to live with that. I have several hobbies, and she has none and sometimes that creates conflict, but working shift work, I'm off a lot and when she's off I try to do the things she wants to do because I can always go to the range or go fly when she's at work. We go dancing every Saturday that I'm off, but I shoot matches on some Sunday mornings and getting in at 2am and getting up at 7am sucks but thats the sacrifice I make to be able to compete. We both were married before to not so good spouses, our kids were friends before we met, and they all get along great. We've been together 8 years now, both have ups and downs but for the most part its been great. We both understand that life is too short, and you shouldn't sweat or fight over little ******** things that you can't change. Our children and grandkids are very important to us and we work together to ensure they are happy and we've set an example for them to succeed in their relationships. If something were to happen to my wife, I would not remarry because it would take away from the most important parts of my life that being my kids and grandkids. Since my former wife passed away when my kids were young, I had to raise them myself, and once they have grown I decided to make myself happy and thats when I met my current wife. Like I said life is short and you don't know how important someone is until they are gone.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    I don't understand this whole "No more sex/blow jobs after you are married thing." Unless you want it/them from someone other than who you married. Been married for 17 years. Every day is bliss. HA HA. Ok, maybe not every day but more than not and we have a lot of fun together. I say it all the time, I'm a lucky girl.

I'd venture to say that those are the same men that talk about their wife like a dog when they're away from them. I bet they have much bigger issues.

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Absolutely! Does that mean that every day is perfect? Of course not, but we BOTH work through any issues that may come up and we both understand that everyone has their days when we're pissed at the world. In my humble opinion I believe that the fact that neither of us tried to pretend that we were anything other than what we truly are helps a lot. That five year mark (or seven year itch) is MUCH easier to deal with when the person you married is still the person you married just with the growth that the years have added. Twenty two years and counting here and the best compliment I could give my spouse is that it seems like it was yesterday.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'd venture to say that those are the same men that talk about their wife like a dog when they're away from them. I bet they have much bigger issues.

Not entirely. Women do hit certain hormonal stages where sex is pretty non-existent on our radar. And certain medications can kill it dead.I was teasing Jody with a little TMI last night on the board, he's a morning person, I'm not. In the evenings we're both tired from the kids, etc. So it takes work on my part and his, moreso than it used to. In some relationships it's up to her to respond to his attempts and make a genuine effort. In other relationships, the lack of sex may be due to his reluctance to "romance" her, do a few chores, have conversation etc.

Can't really say whose fault it is based on their complaints. He may have a valid issue. I do genuinely believe both parties will stray if the intimacy is not there over a long term. I've heard of too many men who say they were divorced after she went through menopause (her choice) to think it's entirely the man's gripe over the lack of oral.

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    My two divorces were exactly 2 years after they had a hysterectomy. I told them they needed hormone therapy and wouldn't see a doctor until after we divorced, thats when they realized I was right after all but by then it was too late. I am a firm believer that if prostitution were legal we'd have less issues of using sex as a bargaining tool. I also think Cat hit the nail on the head, she is a wise woman, Spec is blessed.
    Not entirely. Women do hit certain hormonal stages where sex is pretty non-existent on our radar. And certain medications can kill it dead.I was teasing Jody with a little TMI last night on the board, he's a morning person, I'm not. In the evenings we're both tired from the kids, etc. So it takes work on my part and his, moreso than it used to. In some relationships it's up to her to respond to his attempts and make a genuine effort. In other relationships, the lack of sex may be due to his reluctance to "romance" her, do a few chores, have conversation etc.

Can't really say whose fault it is based on their complaints. He may have a valid issue. I do genuinely believe both parties will stray if the intimacy is not there over a long term. I've heard of too many men who say they were divorced after she went through menopause (her choice) to think it's entirely the man's gripe over the lack of oral.

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    I would definately do it again......my first was a total mistake by us both.....It did produce a beautiful, healthy boy....yes I would definately do it again!!!!

Top Bottom