How many of you ride?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Anyone riding in this cooler weather???? I find it quite refreshing!!!!hahahahaha
    Yes I do. My nose has almost stopped running. I ride a naked bike and heated gear is my best friend. Unfortunately my charging sysytem is weak and I can't go to crazy with demand. When I had my BMW R1150R it was good to go in the lower 20's. Didn't start at 18 degrees and probably did me a favor. FWIW it's only a 20 minute ride to work.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    My bike is just for fun/relaxation on off days, I have an office car for work so I never have to commute on it. Therefor, if it's freezing cold it stays in the shed! She's on stands with the battery tender hooked up, waiting for better temps.

Scoobie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Shreveport/Bossier
    Anyone riding in this cooler weather???? I find it quite refreshing!!!!hahahahaha

I was out in the rain a couple days ago. Can't, for the life of me, find the darn liner for the textile jacket, but at least it's windproof unlike the preforated leather one. I am cheating tho. PO had handguards and heated grips installed, along with an adjustable windscreen.

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    So back from the dead.......

When prices on guns went up, I redirected my funds to my other passion, Bikes.
    Not getting into my old bikes, just whats in the stable now.

2009 KLX450R "neighbors love this one"

2011 BMW R1200GS "when I want to put some miles in"

2012 BMW S1000RR "when I feel the need for speed"

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Couldn't waste the gorgeous (for July!) weather Wednesday, so I did about 100 miles just to get lunch 15 miles away. It only make sense to motorcycle people lol.

IMG_20140730_105339_540_zpsabwwokvz.jpg

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Hoping that after I get married December, I'll finally be able to get back in the saddle. Word of advice: never get rid of a bike with the intent to just get another one soon after. Stuff has a way of continuously popping up and ruining your plans.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Hoping that after I get married December, I'll finally be able to get back in the saddle. Word of advice: never get rid of a bike with the intent to just get another one soon after. Stuff has a way of continuously popping up and ruining your plans.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

**Another word of advice: never wait until after you get married to bye a bike. It's best to go into the marriage with one.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Hope you get back in it JHenley, I hedged my bets by buying a new bike a few weeks before my wedding. Since I started 5 years ago I've never been without at least 1, I may not have liked that one too much, but dangit it was a bike!

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    Had a stroke back on May 5th of this year. My left hand is still giving me trouble. Can’t work the clutch well. And it is killing me I can’t ride. Hate having to use the cage when I want to go out.

Wolf

Last edited:
    Top Bottom