How much fun are ar15s and like models to shoot?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jordo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2007
    I'm seriously trying to find a use for one. I really like to shoot, and do go to gun range frequently (once a week normally). I'm trying to find use for the .223 caliper. I'm thinking maybe I can hunt coyotes and hogs with it.

Post your thoughts on what you use your assault rifles for, or just the trill of shooting them.

Since everyone loves pictures. Here are some cool assault rifles.
    Magpul Masada
    Magpul_masada_16fde.jpg

Sig 556
    SIG556rightside16in.jpg

HK UMP
    ee93c427.jpg

Kriss Super V
    kriss_super_v.jpg

AR-15
    dpms_RFLRT-SASS-B_ar15.jpg

Stg 556
    stg-556.jpg

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Actually, fast women often lead to marriages that try to keep you away from fast cars, other fast women, and assault weapons. Buy the fast cars and assault weapons first!

What is a super V? And what caliper is it?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Looks interesting but overly complicated. I like simple weapons that can be field maintained.
    Now that system in a LMG (replacing the SAW) would be interesting.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie

:love:

When those become legal, I'm buying three. One in 9mm, .40, and .45 :)

But yeah really it's all about the AK's. They're simple, cleaning is optional, and they shoot a big cheap (relatively) bullet. Anything that requires meticulous maintenance is not a true weapon, in my opinion. ;)

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I'm seriously trying to find a use for one. I really like to shoot, and do go to gun range frequently (once a week normally). I'm trying to find use for the .223 caliper. I'm thinking maybe I can hunt coyotes and hogs with it.

Post your thoughts on what you use your assault rifles for, or just the trill of shooting them.

I don't own any assault rifles, assault rifles are select fire.

(Now that that anativity is out of the way)
    The 'Use' is that you want it.
    I hear they work well on Rabid poodles.:D

I use them as 'Freedom's right arm'
    -Go back to the whole Minute man thingy...
    I train with them
    I also enjoy shooting them, it's a hobby, and better than hookers and blow.;)
    It's also the way I make my living. (Marine)

Jordo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2007
    :love:

When those become legal, I'm buying three. One in 9mm, .40, and .45 :)

But yeah really it's all about the AK's. They're simple, cleaning is optional, and they shoot a big cheap (relatively) bullet. Anything that requires meticulous maintenance is not a true weapon, in my opinion. ;)

They make the HK USC which is the legel version..

bigdaddyb

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 19, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    Loads of fun.

Fun to shoot. Fun to tinker with. Ascetically pleasing. Easy to maintain. Ergonomically well designed. What's not to like?

Want to teach a kid to shoot? AR's are great for that. Low recoil and LOADS of cool-factor to motivate the young ones. My kids and my friends kids all love mine. Taught my boss' son to shoot just before Thanksgiving. He's 2A for life now, as is his Dad.

The fact that you own one WILL p!ss off any and all liberal, bed-wetter types in your family or circle of acquaintances. That alone is worth the price of admission.

brianb

P.S. Be warned!! The Black Rifle Addiction is NOT to be taken lightly. It's virulent and virtually incurable.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    The fact that you own one WILL p!ss off any and all liberal, bed-wetter types in your family or circle of acquaintances. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Most of my family are liberals and we have nothing against guns. I think the rabid liberals are the ones that will get pissed off. So, there goes that theory...lol

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central

QUOTE]

Not true at all. My wife is a lib. But when my new 20" 1:7 AR barrel came in the other day SHE called me at work to tell me. LOL

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Note he said "liberal, bed wetter types." Now if Penguin wants to say his family is full of bed wetter types and if Rockmup says his wife is the same, then you could disprove big daddy's statement.

The folks who proclaim themselves to be liberals and want to vote for John Kerry and all that but also at the same time claim to be staunch supporters of the second amendment either don't understand their politics and the world's state of affairs or they just have their heads up their butts. ;) ;)

:D :D :D

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    an AR is definitely a good choice for introducing people to shooting. They have a huge cool factor from movies, media, etc. People recognize them.

Top Bottom