How to spot a fraud

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blackwater26504

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Slow down high speed! Hate to say but, due to a ton of posers I carry my dd214 and discharge out of the reserves on me at all times. So asking for proof of any type of service isn't going to offend someone with nothing to hide.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I look for the following things:

-Lineage. The roots of the Knowledge Tree and where it began.

-Teaching Ability. I know some real Meat Eaters who couldn't teach you how to work your fly. I need guy who gets the why, someone who doesnt just assume because it comes easy to them that it will to me.

-Approachability. If your too rock star to respond to my phone calls, text, or email your too cool for my dollars.

-Peer Review. What do trainers I respect think about them.

-Relevant Expirence. I prefer my trainer shave real world, first hand experience in the application of what they are teaching.

-Student AARs. Speaks for itself. The more in-depth the better. The more I know about the reviewers background and prior experience the better.

-Ego. A good trainer should be confident. Confidence isn't arrogance.

-Professionalism. Speaks for itself.

-Travel Cost.

-Suitability. Does the class meet my need? Is it adding a useful tool?

-Will the subject matter challenge me?

-Safety. Does the trainer have a track record of safe training?

That's how I pick Trainers when I attend courses. It's also how I pick the Trainers we host. I have never hosted a trainer I haven't shot with either as a student, a co-trainer, or on a battlefield. I will vouch with anyone I put on a range. If I'm not confident in their abilities and credibility they wont be working under my banner.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I look for the following things:

-Lineage. The roots of the Knowledge Tree and where it began.

-Teaching Ability. I know some real Meat Eaters who couldn't teach you how to work your fly. I need guy who gets the why, someone who doesnt just assume because it comes easy to them that it will to me.

-Approachability. If your too rock star to respond to my phone calls, text, or email your too cool for my dollars.

-Peer Review. What do trainers I respect think about them.

-Relevant Expirence. I prefer my trainer shave real world, first hand experience in the application of what they are teaching.

-Student AARs. Speaks for itself. The more in-depth the better. The more I know about the reviewers background and prior experience the better.

-Ego. A good trainer should be confident. Confidence isn't arrogance.

-Professionalism. Speaks for itself.

-Travel Cost.

-Suitability. Does the class meet my need? Is it adding a useful tool?

-Will the subject matter challenge me?

-Safety. Does the trainer have a track record of safe training?

That's how I pick Trainers when I attend courses. It's also how I pick the Trainers we host. I have never hosted a trainer I haven't shot with either as a student, a co-trainer, or on a battlefield. I will vouch with anyone I put on a range. If I'm not confident in their abilities and credibility they wont be working under my banner.

Like how you think. Got lucky finding my first teacher. Found the website, looking to take the Dec7 GF1 if the stars align.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom