How would you handle this?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'd have put one shot into the ground in front of it and if it kept coming, I'd have a lion skin to make into a rug. I doubt I'd have been out there without a rifle, with a pistol backup and a long knife of course!
    Not me - cat actively stalking humans needs to be put down because humans > cat.

Even if I missed the first two shots like that guy did, I would try to catch my breath and make a shot after the fact.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I remember petting one (Cougar) at the Hammond Air Show in the 80s. Those cats are Long! 2 teen girls walked up as I was leaving & asked the owner if they “could pet his Dog”. As they are both kneeling down petting his pretty dog, the owner says That’s not a dog, that’s a Mountain Lion.
    They both jumped back and screeched “Lion!”
    The cougar just looked up like why did you stop petting me.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    How would I handle it...? Two hands on the pistol... surely not making a video at the time!
    That's what I was wondering, was his other hand holding up a phone to record? Wasn't sure if that was what was going on, or does he carry a go pro but his other hand was holding something else while hiking/hunting.

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I had a Bobcat stalk me once while squirrel hunting in Natchez. Sure got MY attention!
    As they say: "The hunt is all fun and games, until the Rabbit shows up with a shotgun!"

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I've had geese at lafrenier park come at me in the same way. The best course of action is redirection. In my case it was a 5yo kid with a bag of bread. That kid was my son. Chaotic running ensued. Once I seen he was gassed out I told him to let go of the bag. He then took a nice long nap. Never let a life lesson go to waste.

Cbt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Baton Rouge
    I was carrying a .22lr semi-auto, but wasn't sure if that would make things worse. Can't recall the ears ~ startled the heck out of me!

Stalking likely. I had been "squealing" to imitate a crippled rabbit. It irritates the hell out of fox squirrels and they come out and bark like crazy. I'm sure the Bobcat thought it was easy prey, too.

Top Bottom