Hubble Ultra Deep Field photo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadhazzard

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Near Monroe
    What evolution was intended to be is a useful framework for thinking about biology. Unfortunately, it has become a religion, with all of the attendant pleasantries.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    God......?? Oh yea, well, there are many

Mine is the creator of all that is, He is the father of lights, the great I am, Jehovah Elohim, He knew me and you ( whoever you are ) before you were even conceived and had a plan for your life.

You ( whoever you are ) at some point will be presented with a decision whether you want to live with Him forever...or not ( yuk on not )

I have decided YES

As for all the other residents of " universe " My God loves them too,

Give Him a shot ya'll

I mean everything you see in these vids is a swatch of what HE has done...the really amazing point is that YES , HE does know you and me and care about us individually

Bump and " whew " lots of really smart people here

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    The only reason to believe dinosaurs died out millions of years ago is speculation about the ages of rock formations containing their remains, based on unsubstantiated supposition about animals evolving into other kinds of animals over long periods of time.

The assumption that the theory of evolution is true is not an assumption that is strong enough to support the weight of dinosaurs living millions of years ago. The theory of evolution is based on the premise that chemicals somehow came together. . . stopped reading

Are you f***ing kidding me?

schnugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Love the Pic! Whoever made the place must be really smart :) Glad I know Him, and He's on my side!

I find a couple of things amusing within this thread. #1, you can show a fool evidence of God's majesty and that fool will continue to mock God. See Romans Chapter 1. #2 the difference between displayed intelligence levels of posts #31 and #32. You'd think someone posting at this forum would know better than to bring a muddy stick to a gun fight! :doh:

Last edited:

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Love the Pic! Whoever made the place must be really smart :) Glad I know Him, and He's on my side!

I find a couple of things amusing within this thread. #1, you can show a fool evidence of God's majesty and that fool will continue to mock God. See Romans Chapter 1. #2 the difference between displayed intelligence levels of posts #31 and #32. You'd think someone posting at this forum would know better than to bring a muddy stick to a gun fight! :doh:

You'd think...but it seems the apologist's of "do it my way" always show up

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    These photos look like my nightstand at bedtime with all my devices charging.

(iPhone iPod Zune batteries flashlights etc..)

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Speaking of creation and any related subjects I don't see how God can be left out, since He made everything that is, is eternal from imeasurable past to imeasurable future , who's Son laid the foundation of the World, whos Spirit is a believers daily support group ...ect...you see the trend here............

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Who's to say what God does or doesn't care about?

I'd say that if God knows when a sparrow falls, when He knows our name before we are born, the fact that He gave His Son willingly to die for whosoever will....to me, that says " I care "

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Look at the story of creation in the bible and compare it to the theory of evolution.
    First there were plants, then animals, etc etc and finally man.
    The basic law of chemistry is that things go into randomness and do not come together on their own to produce single celll organisms on up to complex mammals.
    There had to be a guiding force to bring about thiis.
    God created the heavens and the earth and then set everything in motion.
    How much work can God get done in one day. It took 6 for Him to complete his work and then he rested on the 7th day.
    One thing that i learned as a geologist is the the time periods differentiated by carbon dating to determine the various ages of rock strata to determine when certain animals lived and died in the time line (dinosaurs, et al) is basically used as a measuring device about the same way you would use a ruler or tape measure to determine the length of an object. We still use inches and feet and most of the world uses the metric system.
    At one time an inch was defined as the length of 3 barley corns laid end to end.
    So if you viewed time as linear measurement then dinosaurs lived 60 million inches ago.
    I view evolution as a theory that attempts to explain how God went about creating the Earth and Heavens and how he experimented in his laboratory creating the various lifeforms in their various forms to see what worked and didn't work until he finally created man in his own image. An hour of God's time might be worth about 100 million years of evolution,
    Just like if you put 1000 chimpanzees in a room for 500 years, they still wouldn't come up with the works of Shakespeare.

I'm just sayin'--lol.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Every theist I've ever met.

This is usually the beef with every Athiest. I don't guess we've ever met, but I can't figure out what my wife is thinking how the heck am I supposed to know what God is thinking?!?!?! :rofl:

Unfortunately, people assume that everyone (God included) thinks the same way. We should all take a good dose of humility and realize that we are unique.

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    this thread was started to give appreciation to the beauty that exists outside our tiny corner of the universe. can we please put the train back on the tracks?

Thank you. I should have said that instead of my other post.

I tried 4 other words before settling on "funny".

schnugee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    this thread was started to give appreciation to the beauty that exists outside our tiny corner of the universe. can we please put the train back on the tracks?

I think that is what started the ruckus. Imagine a group of people standing around and admiring a beautiful and inspiring painting. Several people disagree about what it is supposed to mean. One group is even arguing that the painting is not the work of a gifted artist, but that some paint spilled on a canvas by accident, then the canvas framed itself over a period of millions of years, then crawled into an art gallery and hung itself on the wall.

That explanation of the painting's origin should be dismissed by most reasonable people. The existence of a framed painting in an art gallery necessitates the existence of an artist, and the existence of a framer, curator etc. Now imagine how silly the "artist less origin theory" would sound to someone in the crowd who personally KNOWS the artist, and listened to the artist describe when they painted the picture and what it is supposed to mean.

I think we can all agree that the deep field picture is beautiful, and it demonstrates that we live in a very big universe. In that regard, we are like the viewers of the painting. Some of us want to voice our appreciation of the artist, some are saying that he doesn't exist. That is where we are disagreeing.

Top Bottom