Hunter Biden Gun Charges...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Unclee1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Now I'm no fan of Biden Sr., BUT who amongst us can TRUTHFULLY answer NO to the FFL question that is the crux of the charges?

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Now I'm no fan of Biden Sr., BUT who amongst us can TRUTHFULLY answer NO to the FFL question that is the crux of the charges?

Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.
    I can truthfully say NO
    I do not drink, smoke anything at all, or gamble.
    Been with my wife 38 years.
    I am no fun

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It would appear you asked that question with the thought in your head that people cannot truthfully answer no to that question. Perhaps you would like to explain the thoughts that prompted the question.

Unclee1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    At least for me and probably a fair number of friends and family who are avid gun owners/hunters, I know they have 'used' marijuana. Maybe not 'addicted', but definitely a social user to some extent, however the question requires you to answer NO in order to legally purchase a firearm. I would speculate I am not in the minority...but hey, I could be completely wrong.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    At least for me and probably a fair number of friends and family who are avid gun owners/hunters, I know they have 'used' marijuana. Maybe not 'addicted', but definitely a social user to some extent, however the question requires you to answer NO in order to legally purchase a firearm. I would speculate I am not in the minority...but hey, I could be completely wrong.
    The stench from it, wreaks
    I can't stand when someone who has used it is in close proximity

hotbiggun

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2023
    Louisiana
    So you are a user but you lie on the 4473?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

"Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

I can only think of one person I know who is a recreational user of marijuana. And he uses it for medicinal reasons. And I also know he doesn't own a gun. Because he uses it for medicinal reasons, he's not planning to stop and is willing to accept the repercussions if he's busted. But he doesn't want a guns with drugs charge so he won't have both.

As far as I know, everyone else can truthfully answer "no" to the question. The question, by the way, is asking about your current status. The question says "Are you an unlawful user..." It does not say "Have you ever been" which would take into account past activity. That's not an oversight. Five of the other questions start with "Have you ever been."

Now you've just admitted to being a recreational user of marijuana. You will likely find that a lot of people on this forum will not sell to you. In addition, you've admitted to illegally owning firearms as a prohibited person. You may not have lied on the form but the rules applies to private sales as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom