Hunting Mentor?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    Hi guys. Since this is such an awesome community, I thought I'd throw this out there. I don't expect anything, but if you don't ask, you can't be heard, right.

So, I've grown up on the Northshore my whole life (24) other than college, but never got into hunting as I didn't find sitting over bait, which is really all I knew of deer hunting as a kid, particularly thrilling. Now, however, after spending a few years away in Chicago, I have gotten a better appreciation for the South and the country.

I appreciate hunting more now as a self-reliance skillset and am wanting to develop that skillset. I am planning to do some public land hunting this year in order to begin learning some bushcraft/hunting skills. As far as hunting goes, I'm wanting to learn to track, stalk, and call primarily. I know that these take time and practice, but I have to start somewhere.

So anyways, if anyone is doing some public land hunts, or anything else, and would like to invite a new hunter along to show the ropes, I would be greatly appreciative. I'll eventually figure things out on my own, but I'm sure someone with experience to guide me would certainly save me years of trouble and be a wonderful experience.

I'm not sure what I could offer anyone in return, but I would try my best to show my appreciation in some way.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom