Hurricane Isaac

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Still at work, since yesterday. The high water is expected tomorrow in Slidell (The usual low lying areas).

Glad you got the site up and running Spanky, I needed the distraction ( ie fix) to unwind before I sleep.

Y'all stay safe and don't disregard Isaac, he ain't Kat but he isn't done yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I'm expecting to loose power sometime.

2011Corvette

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Louisiana Swamp (BR)
    Let employees leave early this afternoon for the storm. Came home and cut grass. Took a hurricane swim in the pool with my daughter. Had a very nice evening at home with the family.
    Is there a storm coming?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Good coverage. Wow. Of course its from Fox...

[video]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1811541173001/new-orleans-watches-levees-as-isaac-slowly-churns-ashore/?playlist_id=87485[/video]

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    A blocking high pressure system in the Great Plains is causing Isaac to stall, with a wobbly, VERY slow, mainly westward path. The eye appears to be over water, south of Port Fourchon. This storm may just hang there for a day or more, until the high moves away to the east.

I can hear a few occasional gusts here in Walker, and it's windy overall, but other than that, all is well.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    I keep asking my dogs if they want to go outside, they keep starting at me like im a lunatic. good thing we put them out for a long time earlier....

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Got a call from Entergy at about 6:00 PM saying we were without power... except the power was still on. I think they got mixed up because the power was OUT across the street but not here... yet anyway. I'm taking the down time while waiting to fiddle with some stuff...

NOW I'm ready... LOL.

SIG556withTrijiconACOGTA11FenixTaclight.jpg

LOL... seriously though, it just so happens that my order from BCM (the Haley Strategic Partners Thorntail Offset Light Mount I've been wanting) came in today just in time to be able to mount my Fenix tactical light to my SIG556 so I can see what I'm aiming at when the power is out. :D

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    NHC just issued an intermediate advisory at midnight. Course of Isaac now officially WNW (290 degrees) instead of NW. Speed 7MPH, winds still 80, pressure 969MB.

Top Bottom