I-55 Pile-Up Near Manchac

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I drove the interstate to work for over 20 years and can testify how stupid people are. Rain storms, fog, in the dark, AM and PM where you couldn't see 20 ft ahead of you and they drive like a clear day. Plus the times someone driving the wrong direction , more than once, on an elevated interstate 5 miles from the nearest on/off ramp. Un-f^^^king believable the crazies I witnessed...

This was bound to happen

I feel for the innocent

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Last heard the count of fatalities was up to 7 people / 30 injured/ possibly up to 150 vehicles.... will have to wait for daylight for possible numbers to go up.. Multible accident scenes covering approx 1 mile distance...Both north and south bound elevated sections closed till elevated bridges can be inspected in the daylight due to fire damage................................ drill sgt.

Last edited:

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    I’m noticing people are angrier on the road. Drivers are confronting one another more commonly now. People drive more brazenly in inclement weather. Like society, courtesy on the road is starting to degrade. We don’t know what these people are going through in life so it’s just best to let them go and move on. Being in an accident, even when it’s not your fault is a really big hassle. Wife’s car got totaled, car was old but very low mileage. Thankfully she was ok but we got a car note now.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I’m noticing people are angrier on the road. Drivers are confronting one another more commonly now. People drive more brazenly in inclement weather. Like society, courtesy on the road is starting to degrade. We don’t know what these people are going through in life so it’s just best to let them go and move on. Being in an accident, even when it’s not your fault is a really big hassle. Wife’s car got totaled, car was old but very low mileage. Thankfully she was ok but we got a car note now.
    I've been seeing similar. Anger, possible hate. Speeding, recklessness. "Me first". Mindlessness, carelessness. Way too much phone use by drivers.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I've been seeing similar. Anger, possible hate. Speeding, recklessness. "Me first". Mindlessness, carelessness. Way too much phone use by drivers.
    The phone and texting is out of hand, and def not hands-free. I can't tell you how many lights I've had to sit through because some PoS can't be bothered to look up while texting. There is definitely a growing 'f-you' sentiment.

Also, this wreck is awful, I never heard about it until I saw this post.

Yesterday the fog was so thick at 4:30am that I thought there was a power outage, but the street lights and all would show up when I was about -300ft from them. It was the thickest fog I've driven through in years, and also the air smelled like burning electrical wires all last night.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    The phone and texting is out of hand, and def not hands-free. I can't tell you how many lights I've had to sit through because some PoS can't be bothered to look up while texting. There is definitely a growing 'f-you' sentiment.

Also, this wreck is awful, I never heard about it until I saw this post.

Yesterday the fog was so thick at 4:30am that I thought there was a power outage, but the street lights and all would show up when I was about -300ft from them. It was the thickest fog I've driven through in years, and also the air smelled like burning electrical wires all last night.
    Tending to clients, covering ground yesterday I had to detour due to that pile-up, went through Mandeville and took the Causeway. There appeared to be fog on the Southshore and it smelled horrible, like something burning or perhaps smog. I had to air my vehicle out after I cleared it.

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    I drove the interstate to work for over 20 years and can testify how stupid people are. Rain storms, fog, in the dark, AM and PM where you couldn't see 20 ft ahead of you and they drive like a clear day. Plus the times someone driving the wrong direction , more than once, on an elevated interstate 5 miles from the nearest on/off ramp. Un-f^^^king believable the crazies I witnessed...

This was bound to happen

I feel for the innocent
    I also feel for the innocent and all those affected by this. Such a tragedy.
    I moved to Covington from the south shore in '03 and commuted the Causeway for 17 years until I retired in '20. In 2003 the commute was actually pleasant. I looked at the drive as a nice mental buffer between the alarm clock and arriving at work. By the time I retired, the morning drive to the south was becoming almost intolerable. The drive home was excruciating. Bridge closures due to accidents became commonplace. I can recall 6--8 overboard incidents . Like you said, stupid, selfish, arrogant a$$holes abound. Sometimes when I had to pass a moron who thought they had exclusive use of the left lane from shore to shore, they'd flip ME off. And cell phone use is absolutely insane--should be outlawed.
    Also, during morning rush, I-10 Westbound between Slidell and N.O. east looks like the starting lap of the Daytona 500.

This won't be the last super crash.

rk06classic

Gunner
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jun 26, 2010
    Reserve, LA
    Driving and texting is extremely dangerous!
    IMG_0251.jpeg

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    I don't think I've ever seen a cop or trooper in that area. I knew once I got on the bridge I was in the clear. Cruise at 130mph... Occasionally get it to 150. Once I got close to either end I'd slow it down.

vr1967

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Liberty, MS
    We don’t know what these people are going through in life so it’s just best to let them go and move on.
    Nothing against you when I say this, but this (and I am just as guilty of it) is what is wrong. We continue to let people do this type of behavior and it just gets worse with time. I do not know the solution. Wish I did, we ( good people of the society) as a whole shrug a lot off as “not my business” or “not my problem” and eventually it does become our problem.

Our service Sunday morning was basically about the same.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    Nothing against you when I say this, but this (and I am just as guilty of it) is what is wrong. We continue to let people do this type of behavior and it just gets worse with time. I do not know the solution. Wish I did, we ( good people of the society) as a whole shrug a lot off as “not my business” or “not my problem” and eventually it does become our problem.

Our service Sunday morning was basically about the same.
    Yeah I agree. I think of the story of joe mcknight’s road rage incident. We got one guy dead and one guy in jail over something that could have easily been avoided. As much as I want to give the finger, chase em down and cuss em out, I don’t. Cuz I know I’m carrying and sh*t can escalate in a millisecond. I know I’m carrying, I don’t know if they’re carrying. If they shoot, I’m not going to have any choice but to shoot back. I have no choice but to avoid it since I always have my 10 and 4 year old girls with me. What can we do to stop idiocy on the road? Who knows. I always try to ignore and move on. You’re absolutely right, we do nothing, it gets worse.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Yeah I agree. I think of the story of joe mcknight’s road rage incident. We got one guy dead and one guy in jail over something that could have easily been avoided. As much as I want to give the finger, chase em down and cuss em out, I don’t. Cuz I know I’m carrying and sh*t can escalate in a millisecond. I know I’m carrying, I don’t know if they’re carrying. If they shoot, I’m not going to have any choice but to shoot back. I have no choice but to avoid it since I always have my 10 and 4 year old girls with me. What can we do to stop idiocy on the road? Who knows. I always try to ignore and move on. You’re absolutely right, we do nothing, it gets worse.
    I flipped a guy off who cut me off on I-10 in Houston, when I had my whole family in the car, and he tried to run us off the road. He literally tried to kill us because I flipped him off when he was an A-hole and in the wrong.

I do not flip people off anymore when I have a passenger, and I am much less likely to do it to anyone period. I knew better then and was lucky.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I flipped a guy off who cut me off on I-10 in Houston, when I had my whole family in the car, and he tried to run us off the road. He literally tried to kill us because I flipped him off when he was an A-hole and in the wrong.

I do not flip people off anymore when I have a passenger, and I am much less likely to do it to anyone period. I knew better then and was lucky.

I smile and wave because nothing pisses off others when they realize you don't care.

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans

I used to flip people off all the time. We get older, we get wiser. Don’t get me started on driving in texas. I can go on a total rant. I’ve got a ton of in-laws in texas. Funny thing is…they’re all super anti-gun liberals. I wanna tell em they should move to California, but I keep my mouth shut and tell my wife they should move to California

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    I used to flip people off all the time. We get older, we get wiser. Don’t get me started on driving in texas. I can go on a total rant. I’ve got a ton of in-laws in texas. Funny thing is…they’re all super anti-gun liberals. I wanna tell em they should move to California, but I keep my mouth shut and tell my wife they should move to California
    Give it a few years and Texas will go from purple to solid blue. They've blued Austin and are moving outwards.

The CIA has some sort of tech that scrambles target cell phones. Too bad that wasn't released along with the Vault7 data dump. It'd be a moral use of it to scramble texting drivers phones! :bigok:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom