I am going to be a father!!! *Updated 9/2*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Congratulations! Life as you know it will forever be changed. But it's not what you think it's better than you could expect. I look at it this way. If it was soooooo bad then there wouldn't be any kids in the world. I am a father of 4 and wouldn't have it any other way. May God bless you and your new family to be.

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Update:

Went to the doctor again today with the wife. The baby's heartbeat is up to 165 bpm. The dr said everything still looks good. The only thing I am curious about is we are doing a second ultra sound on July 22 when the wife will be 14 weeks. I don't think the sex of the baby can be determined yet but I am thinking the dr just wants to see how big the baby is.

Everyone I have talked to that has a boy and a girl is saying it's going to be a girl. Do any of y'all have an opinion on the idea that a faster heartbeat indicates a girl?

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Update:

Went to the doctor again today with the wife. The baby's heartbeat is up to 165 bpm. The dr said everything still looks good. The only thing I am curious about is we are doing a second ultra sound on July 22 when the wife will be 14 weeks. I don't think the sex of the baby can be determined yet but I am thinking the dr just wants to see how big the baby is.

Everyone I have talked to that has a boy and a girl is saying it's going to be a girl. Do any of y'all have an opinion on the idea that a faster heartbeat indicates a girl?

Heartbeat cannot determine the sex of the baby 100% of the time heck not even 70% of the time. So it's really not worth considering b/c the heart rate could indeed be in what they consider the boy zone and you find out it's a girl.

Which leads to; just hang on for a few more weeks and you'll actually get to SEE what the baby is. 14 weeks is around the earliest time when you can tell with Ultrasound but it is indeed possible to know then. She'll definitely know by 22 weeks.

Here's something you can do though. Ask your wife what she thinks the sex of the baby is. Go with her first gut instinct. Then remember that for when you do find out.

Also, and I'm no fan of Oldwives tales or tricks etc. However this trick has been right 3 out of 3 times for me. The wedding ring on a string method. Google it. Like I said I'm no magic believing guru and didn't want to do this but the wife insisted and it was right 3 times in a row.

BTW I'm no Dr. just a father of 3 ;)

Last edited:

peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Bam Bam:
    I am going to love it either way whether boy or girl. All I am praying for is a happy healthy baby.

Hitman:
    The wife and I have been talking about what the sex of the baby is. She thinks it's going to be a boy and I think it's a girl. We have each had our own opinions since we found out we are expecting. I will have to google the ring trick and try it. Thanks for the info.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom