I am looking at a 2010 chevy truck and wonder if someone can run a vin for me for NFO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I bought the 5 report plan, it didnt show what I was looking for.. first blip after first oil change was at 65k miles.. I wanted to see details.. it seems the stealership just enters service was done..

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Which years of the 5.3 had the massive oil burning problem? I would have to check but I believe 2010 may have been in there. Several guys I work with traded them in for that reason. 08-10 is what comes to mind but I may be off.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Which years of the 5.3 had the massive oil burning problem? I would have to check but I believe 2010 may have been in there. Several guys I work with traded them in for that reason. 08-10 is what comes to mind but I may be off.

Your right ed, it had the lifter issue.. they replaced all the lifters and cam.. thinking if I tune out the AFM I think I will be ok..

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Some of them went in for the work under warranty and still burned oil after. I know there were a bunch dumped on the used market to unknowing buyers.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    ahh, I will check levels then.. thank you.. I may have to change my mind. crap
    crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap

XDguy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Lacombe
    When I bought my Dodge a guy at a dealership ran the Vin for me, gave me all service history and a full list of the build specs.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    FWIW, Carfax is mostly a gimmick. When I traded in my BMW 5 series with three separate reported accidents, it came back with a sparkling clean Carfax report.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    I had a 2010 w/5.3l and 6speed. While I didn't have any issues with oil consumption, I wont ever buy a Chevy again. Just my $.02

+1... I have a 2011 crew cab and do have the oil consumption issue. In addition, I've have 3 door handles break, power driver seat fail, and my 3 year old truck has a crack in the dash by the passenger side airbag panel. This truck feels very cheaply made compared to my 2000.

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I had a 07 new body first production year of the new body and active fuel mgmt. I hated it and at 65k had the top end rebuilt for drinking oil. Never showed on car fax I think. Regardless traded it at 100 k for an f150. Not a fan of active fuel mgmt. also I programmed afm out and it did not help. I know some that had no issue but mine drank oil. The good thing is all was covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    +1... I have a 2011 crew cab and do have the oil consumption issue. In addition, I've have 3 door handles break, power driver seat fail, and my 3 year old truck has a crack in the dash by the passenger side airbag panel. This truck feels very cheaply made compared to my 2000.

Those freaking door handles! I had the dealership give me a "spare" I kept in my glove box.

calcagno45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2014
    Gramercy, LA
    I had a 07 new body first production year of the new body and active fuel mgmt. I hated it and at 65k had the top end rebuilt for drinking oil. Never showed on car fax I think. Regardless traded it at 100 k for an f150. Not a fan of active fuel mgmt. also I programmed afm out and it did not help. I know some that had no issue but mine drank oil. The good thing is all was covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What did you advise the dealership when they rebuild the top end, just that it's drinking oil? I'm at the 60K and am contemplating bring this POS in to get fixed.

Yep, active fuel management sucks! On the way to Christmas party yesterday, I was cruising 45mph on River Rd and afm made that ride mighty jerky as it switched from v4 to v8. Even the wife noticed and asked what was wrong with my truck... I'd really like to drive this truck through a Chevy dealership and leave it there...

jms

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Franklinton,La.
    If you are looking for a chevy 2011 ,I have a z71 with like 26,000 miles that I might sale > I bought to pull behind my RV . Realized that it weights 7000 lbs . Send PM if interested . Hope you had a good Christmas .

kpm

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    What did you advise the dealership when they rebuild the top end, just that it's drinking oil? I'm at the 60K and am contemplating bring this POS in to get fixed.

Yep, active fuel management sucks! On the way to Christmas party yesterday, I was cruising 45mph on River Rd and afm made that ride mighty jerky as it switched from v4 to v8. Even the wife noticed and asked what was wrong with my truck... I'd really like to drive this truck through a Chevy dealership and leave it there...

You have to go in and do a oil consumption test. All dealerships handle a bit differently. On mine, my consumption actually spiked when I was on the test and they told me they were going to fix it immediately and ordered me a rental - kinda like putting the truck in the ER for a heart attack!!! Glad it is behind me and didn't cost me a whole lot of money.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I have an 08. I tuned the AFM out after about 500 miles as well as other things. I have very minimal oil consumption. I do have a single crack in the dash by the air bag. I think it has to do with sitting in the sun on a daily basis. Mine only cracked with I went from covered parking to non-covered in the past year or so. The painted door handles will need to be repainted every 4-5 years on the back side. There is also the drive line klunk. After driving and you stop at a light or stop sign the truck bumps forward like someone bumped you in the rear even though now one is there. There is also a air filter for your gas tank to keep it pressurized. I have had to replace mine 2 times already. Supposedly it is caused by over filling your gas tank. Oh don't forget the lifter rattle on the cold mornings until it warms up. Sounds like a small diesel starting up. I had this problem on my 2000 5.3 and on my 08. I had 150K on my 2000 and got 24-26mpg on the highway(it was tuned though) I have 100K on my 08 and haven't seen any repercussions of turning off AFM or the lifter rattle. These are the most common and talked about problems with the late 07-2013 trucks. Other than that mine has been great.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dang. Hate to hear about all the problems with Chevy trucks. I'm still rockin my 20 year old 3500 HD with no issues. Kinda wanted to buy a new truck, but y'all just talked me out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom