I blame my Grandfather for my sickness......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Top row, third person from the left is Pancho Villa. My grandfather is standing to Pancho's left, with his arm around Poncho’s left side. My grandfather owned a mercantile store in Mexico, and supplied guns to Pancho and his men. At some point in time, he had to leave Mexico (not by choice) and settled in Crowley,Louisiana. One of my 4 uncles remembers my grandfather telling he and his brothers "You can never go to Mexico." Picture was taken around 1904.
    The second row, the last guy on the right is visibly packing.

Attachments

• kalil helo (2).jpg
      kalil helo (2).jpg
      229.6 KB · Views: 234
    Last edited:

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That is kewl as hell man.Do you mind if I use that picture and frame it..I want
    to blow it up and put it behind my bar in the den.
    Viva la ponchooooo.......

You're welcome to print it and frame it if you wish. I enlarged one print at Walgreen's to give to a friend so he could hang it in his place.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    That's really neat. I did Ancestry.com earlier this year on a free 14 day trial and found two old pics of my great-great grandfather. My daughter favors him a little bit. I found that to be really cool to see how the genes passed on so well. I want to eventually get a full subscription and go back as far as I can everywhere, but during the 14 days, I traced back to the 9th century. Really interesting stuff in all of our families, indeed.

Also, completely off topic to this thread, but just wanted to say thanks again for the ducks. Wife made duck and sausage gumbo tonight and it was very good. First time I've ever eaten duck, but we did enjoy it.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    That's really neat. I did Ancestry.com earlier this year on a free 14 day trial and found two old pics of my great-great grandfather. My daughter favors him a little bit. I found that to be really cool to see how the genes passed on so well. I want to eventually get a full subscription and go back as far as I can everywhere, but during the 14 days, I traced back to the 9th century. Really interesting stuff in all of our families, indeed.

Also, completely off topic to this thread, but just wanted to say thanks again for the ducks. Wife made duck and sausage gumbo tonight and it was very good. First time I've ever eaten duck, but we did enjoy it.

I'm glad you and the family enjoyed the birds.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Wonderful bit of history. I admire your grandfather for having such courage. There's a saying that goes something like, "The past isn't dead. It's not even past." These men remind me a lot of the filibusters in New Orleans who fomented the Texas rebellion and who were largely responsible even if they weren't recognized for extending the United States to the Pacific Ocean.

Though it is not relevant to this thread, "Pancho And Lefty" still makes my hair stand up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsR0Y-sWk-E

Last edited:

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    Great stuff right there - my aunt did the same kind of genealogy stuff for our family and discovered we had family members who rode with Francis Marion during the Revolution.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    This a really interesting story. We know what became of Villa (and your grandfather)....Wouldn't it be interesting to know what eventually became of the others in the picture- as in how they met their eventual fates?

And yes- the guy at the bottom left is classic. :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom