I had a UFO sighting tonight!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I had a drone land in my back yard tonight. I think it was lost or traveled out of range, maybe out of juice. Does anybody have any idea how to find out who it belongs to? PSA: If you fly a drone...Put your phone number on it!
    Does it have a FAA reg # on it anywhere? Like a label the owner taped or affixed to it. All drones (or rc airplanes and helos) are to be registered with the FAA. The label/number will be FAxxxxxxx. If it has a FAA reg #, you can track the owner down. But so many do not register them. It costs $5 on line for all of your planes, helos, and/or drones. You list them, make and model in the FAA database. I fly RC planes. On my more expensive planes I also affix my personal info too (name, cell, and addy) for situations like this. "reward if returned" on it too.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Since its before March 16, it wont need Remote ID or to be registered if its under 250 grams (DJI Mini 2 or 3 types), so it wouldnt be tracked on the apps if it was a recreational flyer. If its a lightweight drone and its not showing on the body of the aircraft then it will be next to impossible to track down the person.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Since its before March 16, it wont need Remote ID or to be registered if its under 250 grams (DJI Mini 2 or 3 types), so it wouldnt be tracked on the apps if it was a recreational flyer. If its a lightweight drone and its not showing on the body of the aircraft then it will be next to impossible to track down the person.
    What happens after March 16th? My FIL has a DJI Mini Pro 4 (or whatever the newest one is) that I've flown around my house a few times for fun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom