I Hate Thieves - Update in OP

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Daughter works at Woman's Hospital, employees have to park in the South 40. She called me last night and said her car was running fine when she went to work, but when she got off and started it, it was loud and sounded like it had a fart pipe on it.

It is a Honda Pilot and is somewhat off the ground, so I told her to get out and look under the car and tell me if she sees anything weird. She says there is a large space in the exhaust pipe between the engine and the muffler. Confirmed what I already suspected, the cat was stolen. F*%ker cut the flanges off, so I can't just get a new cat, it will be a weld-up job to replace it.

I put a cheater pipe in last night to get her running until she gets word from the insurance company or the hospital to see if she is covered. We live in Tangi and have no emissions test, so if not, I may just leave it like that. I would love to get that guy and use his own sawzall to cut his hand off.

UPDATE: Video from the security office shows the vehicle and license plate. Sheriff was called and took a report.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is obviously the same bunch that hit several business parking lots in the Sherwood Forest / Airline Hwy area. One place, had 27 of his customer's trucks vandalized in this manner last weekend.

These piles of **** need to be charged with multiple felonies, and/or shot!

It shouldn't be too difficult to find out who is buying these catalytic converters from these vermin.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    The dirtbags also like targeting RV's. My guess is the fact that they aren't started or driven as often, more time before the owner even realizes they are missing.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It would be hilarious if someone would jump into their car and accidentally drive off with the the bastard still underneath!

Last edited:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Has this happen to 2 of our fleet vehicles that were parked in our lot last week. Good news is I have the mf'ers on camera which has been turned over to the Sheriff.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I know Woman's Hospital has an extensive in-house security team. Do they have cameras in that lot? I know catching the thief is slim to none but it could help move things along with insurance.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Prius cars are a big target so be aware if you drive one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    If you end up leaving the "test" pipe in the check engine light will stay on. You can purchase a spacer that is installed between the rear O2 sensor and the bung. This will typically keep the computer happy and no check engine light. This will give you ample time to try the test pipe.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    If you end up leaving the "test" pipe in the check engine light will stay on. You can purchase a spacer that is installed between the rear O2 sensor and the bung. This will typically keep the computer happy and no check engine light. This will give you ample time to try the test pipe.

Not neccessarily! There is a work around to keep the check engine light off with the test pipe in place and without the spacer. Dont ask me how to do it because it is against the emission standards and inspection rules. I am not saying that I have done it but I do know that some people have done it successfully. Any good mechanic worth their salt, not a techician or parts changer knows how to do it! ;)

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA

This vehicle has two "pre cats" connected to the manifold with the O2 sensors. They did not steal these. There is a third cat between the "Y" pipe and the muffler. Should not affect the tune, and we don't have emissions testing in this parish.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I work for bunny bread in New Orleans. They have hit all 12 warehouse I’m I charge of from New Orleans to Loxley Alabama all with Louisiana plates and the same vehicle each time. We made the first report 3 years ago? They just hit our Hattiesburg location again last month.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Best effort is to post the info on social media and do all of the leg work. Law enforcement isnt interested in NON violent crimes right now.
    Send suspect vehicle info to social media and then call officer who took you report. Good luck.

I am curious besides the spacer that keep the o2 out of the flow but heats up like its in the flow..
    what other option is done

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Has this happen to 2 of our fleet vehicles that were parked in our lot last week. Good news is I have the mf'ers on camera which has been turned over to the Sheriff.
    Good luck. I’ve been dealing with this going on three years and have turned over several pieces of video footage with the same vehicle and Louisiana license plates. Even have a few clear as day face shots. I highly doubt now anything will ever come of it and the thugs probably know it which is why they are still making a living doing what they are doing.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Local law enforcement will get involved as soon as some pissed off victim runs over or shoots a couple of these thieves. Can’t have any vigilance going on around here.
    Vigilante….I meant vigilante.
    A buddy of mine said there’s an impound yard near him that got hit over a weekend for a few dozen vehicles a while back. They’re on the hook for a lot of damaged cars and will likely be filing a huge claim with their insurance company.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Local law enforcement will get involved as soon as some pissed off victim runs over or shoots a couple of these thieves. Can’t have any vigilance going on around here.
    Vigilante….I meant vigilante.
    A buddy of mine said there’s an impound yard near him that got hit over a weekend for a few dozen vehicles a while back. They’re on the hook for a lot of damaged cars and will likely be filing a huge claim with their insurance company.

I believe the response you are looking for is "no property theft is worth a human life."

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    ^^^^

That response is only valid for people that don't experience property theft. People who steal are no longer considered humans in my book. Where I live, the response is SSS

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom