I have a member on this forum requesting actual serial number

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    Of a gun I'm selling because he is afraid of getting burned??? Asked him what good the serial# would do and he would not explain! His username is Rileaux and my gun is the same ad on all 5 forums I'm on now and he just acts like he is up to no good please feel free to check my pm's from him and see what I mean!

45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    I really don't think so I have asked him what good it will do for him and he won't reply but want the serial# in a pic?? He is very insistent if he is that worried why would I offer ffl to ffl to do the transaction money and all?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't really know what to say about this. I saw the PM you reported and the dude does have a valid point. I don't know what good the serial number would do him, but whatever. If he has a problem doing the trade, see if he wants to do it through a medium such as gunbroker.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I think it's hard to definitively say he's up to no good, but if it bothers you I'd simply tell him you're not comfortable with it and move on.

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    Exactly! Told him I offered a ffl to do the money/trams/shipping! My concern and why I don't give out serials is people that need a good number to sell stolen guns

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    I don't really know what to say about this. I saw the PM you reported and the dude does have a valid point. I don't know what good the serial number would do him, but whatever. If he has a problem doing the trade, see if he wants to do it through a medium such as gunbroker.

Can you look at my pm's and get a feel for this?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Can you look at my pm's and get a feel for this?

Only the ones you report. We have no access to PM's unless you report them.

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    Well needless to say he will not be buying mine! Thanks to all , just didn't see any legit reason for his irate pm's wanting stuff that I don't feel good about!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well needless to say he will not be buying mine! Thanks to all , just didn't see any legit reason for his irate pm's wanting stuff that I don't feel good about!

Feel free to report any PMs that could be convincing that he is doing anything under the table.

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    Will do, and thanks again to all that offered input! Really appreciate it!

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Of a gun I'm selling because he is afraid of getting burned??? Asked him what good the serial# would do and he would not explain! His username is Rileaux and my gun is the same ad on all 5 forums I'm on now and he just acts like he is up to no good please feel free to check my pm's from him and see what I mean!

I actually met him yesterday and sold him a shotgun. Good guy to deal with. I personally wouldn't deal with you either. You have 0 feedback, are in another state, and are trying to sell a pretty expensive gun. If I was in his shoes I wouldn't buy anything from you without seeing a picture of your driver's license, preferably next to the gun. Weren't you trying to sell a questionable AK, or maybe a FN PS90 on here a while ago?

Last edited:

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    I'd rather do that then throw a serial number registered to me to someone being a real problematic pain making accusations about me ! You met him in person I assume and that's good for you, I don't have that option, but to each his own opinion I reckon .

Jack

Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    But that works both ways, you are asking someone who has never met you to blindly throw money into a black hole and hope a gun pops out. He is in a much more precarious position than you. You should offer to send him a picture of your DL next to the gun, that should make things work much more smoothly.

bravo619

*Banned*
    Jun 1, 2012
    TULSA,OK
    But that works both ways, you are asking someone who has never met you to blindly throw money into a black hole and hope a gun pops out. He is in a much more precarious position than you. You should offer to send him a picture of your DL next to the gun, that should make things work much more smoothly.
    Thank you for that advice! I have added that option to my listing but don't need the attitude this guy had. I'm moving forward.:boink:

Top Bottom