I need grilling help-baby back ribs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    i got about 3-5 lbs of ribs on the grill right now at about 200 degrees.how long you reckon i need to cook then and how and when should i flip them?

thanks for help

p.s. this is a smaller charcoal grill

-cgs

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    there a bunch of diffrent tips,and tricks i guess the big one would be baste often keeping them moist so they dont dry out,,,depending on beef or pork...i like to put a nice layer of bbq every 15 to 20 mins,,,

also next time wrap them in foil with seasoning liquid and dry let slow cook in its own juices,,when done cooking take them out of the foil to brown on the grill...adding bbq sauce as desired

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    ive boiled beef but never pork,,,not agaisnt it just havent done it..

pork is a lot more forgiving then beef,,just keep them moist cook them slow if you can pull the bome from the meat their done

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I don't boil. I apply a dry rub about 3 hours before then put them in the smoker for 4-5 hours at 225-250 degrees. I have a spray bottle of apple juice that I use to baste them once or twice. The acid in the apple juice will tenderize the meat. Then about 30 minutes before they are finished I lather them up in the bbq sauce. Sweet Baby Ray's is my personal favorite.

Last edited:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    my .02
    tomato has a LOW burning point. so tomato based BBQ burns easily and tastes bad burnt. if you insist on BBQ basting, wait till last 5 minutes.

for the ribs i shoot for 200~250 for about 1.5 to 2 hours.... after the first hour, wrap them in aluminum foil. it makes the moist and in effect stems/boils them

Trickasabrick

older than dirt
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Prairieville
    That Sweet Baby Ray's is some pretty good stuff. Can't keep the kids from eating it up on all kinds of stuff. One of 'em put some on some jambalaya last night.

How were the ribs CGS?

Top Bottom