i never knew what fear was until today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I would recommend a good chiropractor unless you think you actually broke something. An MD is just going to do a bunch of imaging studies and send you home on Lortab. Chiropractor will fix misalignment and do imagine studies where necessary.

If anyone can help this guy can. At least his ads say so.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    There's an advocacy group for bikers called "Give me 3" (Give Bicyclist 3 feet of space when passing) that you might want to reach out to. I'm not sure if it's local, national or if your incident would be recognized by them but it may be worth checking out.

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agree 100%. Pain is your body's way of saying something is wrong. Pain meds just cover the problem. The only time this is acceptable is when the problem has been diagnosed, understood, and treated appropriately.

Fought full contact, got ribs knocked out of place--chiropracter fixed it.
    Lifted weights, Grade I or mild II shoulder AC joint separation--chiropractor
    Auto-accident, (T-boned by a drunk who failed to yield on green), lots of stuff out of place, knife in the chest to breath deep--Chiropractor

Yep, in my experience, they work. The good one's, anyway.

Agreed. A GOOD one is worth his weight in gold, platinum and rubidium.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Glad your okay, I would go and at least talk to my lawyer. If you don't have one, you should find someone you trust and use him/her for everything. It's good to have a relationship with a good lawyer you can trust and use for everything. Or he can at least point you in the right direction. Most lawyers only take 33% of the settlement to cover their fees and costs. Besides if you ever have to shoot someone in self defense you'll need a good lawyer you can trust.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Glad your okay, I would go and at least talk to my lawyer. If you don't have one, you should find someone you trust and use him/her for everything. It's good to have a relationship with a good lawyer you can trust and use for everything. Or he can at least point you in the right direction. Most lawyers only take 33% of the settlement to cover their fees and costs. Besides if you ever have to shoot someone in self defense you'll need a good lawyer you can trust.

+1, but traffic and homicide lawyers are two different animals. A traffic lawyer probably knows a good one, though.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    A good friend was killed on his bike in Denham a while back.

What is it going to take to make people more aware?

I've ridden motorcycles for years and understand the dangers that go hand in hand with that.

But cyclists are another matter all together!

Glad you are pretty much ok, and good luck!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport

I've ridden motorcycles for years and understand the dangers that go hand in hand with that.

Louisiana, at least, the parts I am familiar with, is ill suited to biking, etc. as a form of commute or recreation.

*ends rant before I get started*

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011

the only realistic solution i can think of is not to buy another bicycle. i love it but it isn't worth it. anyone have recommendations for one of those walking machines? i want a small one that don't cost a whole lot.

don't know if this is 100% true but my brother in law told me about a motorbike accident a couple weeks ago in berwick. a couple was riding, got hit somehow, fell off the bike, got run over by two other cars/trucks. i hope they passed on quickly without knowing what happened.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    the only realistic solution i can think of is not to buy another bicycle. i love it but it isn't worth it. anyone have recommendations for one of those walking machines? i want a small one that don't cost a whole lot.

don't know if this is 100% true but my brother in law told me about a motorbike accident a couple weeks ago in berwick. a couple was riding, got hit somehow, fell off the bike, got run over by two other cars/trucks. i hope they passed on quickly without knowing what happened.

Just join a gym. That's about all there is to be done in this state for fitness if you don't want to jog at one of the tiny parks or at a college or something.

Miltonite

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Lafayette
    Get another bike and some rollers. All the exercise benefits but like a stationary bike, and you can take it somewhere and ride if you find a good bike trail.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Get the angriest meanest mouth piece ambulance chaser you can find...don't waste your time talking to insurance. What I would want in your situation is a good piece of the drivers ass. Since you ain't gonna get that, take his money. At least you'll run his rates up and get enough for a new bike.

Morris Bart..good ads

I used Neblett Beard Arceneaux before in Alexandria...hehehe...they did make believers out of some unconcerned people. I only ended up with 17 K but the satisfaction was much better.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Based on the amount of cars on the road today coupled with the zillion distractions, and the way people drive in general.....

The "Jes Gimmee Three" ad campaign isn't enough to get me riding a bike on a public street. In my mind, knowing I had the right-of-way is a shitty consolation prize for being a little bit DEAD because some moron waxed me while texting about American Idol.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Glad you are OK.
    I could post a page worth of RANT on divers not following the law with regards to bike riders and bike riders who refuse to follow thos same laws.
    Follow the damn laws people. If you ride, stay to the right, follow the same rules of the road as other vehicles. Stay off the damn sidewalks and don't ride against traffic.
    Here you go....

Lawyer who advertises representing bikers involved in accidents-
    http://www.bohrerlaw.com/PracticeAreas/Bicycle-Scooter-Accidents.asp
    Another Bike accident lawyer-
    http://www.jpricemcnamara.com/lawyer-attorney-1525783.html
    State laws regarding riding a bike-
    http://brgov.com/dept/planning/bike/lalaw.htm
    Baton Rouge Advocates for Safe Streets-
    http://www.brsafestreets.org/the-law-and-safety
    GiveMe3Louisiana-
    http://www.louisiana3feet.com/Laws.aspx
    Baton Rouge Bike Club-
    http://www.batonrougebikeclub.com/index.html
    About Critical Mass Baton Rouge (some call them the MEM of bike riders)
    http://criticalmass.wikia.com/wiki/Baton_Rouge,_LA
    VERY GOOD article on biking in BR (read it)-
    http://www.225batonrouge.com/news/2009/nov/01/baton-rouge-comes-full-cycle/

I often compare educating the public about Open Carry to the effort to educate the public about proper bike riding. I ranted to a coworker about the idiots riding bikes around BR and how I nearly hit one riding against traffic on Acadian Thruway. My coworker told me that when he was growing up everyone was taught to ride against traffic on the road and on sidewalks. He was not aware that it's against the law to ride against traffic. Other people have told me similar things. I can't change everyone's behavior but wether I'm Open Carrying or I'm riding a bike, I can conduct myself in a lawful, safe and responsible manner and be a good example to others.
    Enough rant. I can go on for pages with stories and bitching but it won't do any good.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom