I realized I didn't have a shotgun....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    So I bought one.

Remington 870 Express Magnum, 18.5" with factory +2 extension.

8701.jpg

8702.jpg

8703.jpg

8704.jpg

8705.jpg

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've got to put the shorter forearm on it if I want to secure it in the electric lock in the unit, I think I'm going to try either the knoxx compstock and forearm or the standard hogue set. If I go hogue I may get the youth model to cut 2 inches off of it.
    I'll also probably get a single point sling mount and another attachment stub for the Gear Sector sling I use on the AR.
    For a light I'll likely just clamp a G2 w/a coiled tape switch or something similar.
    The 870 is mainly something to play with, leave in the unit, toss to a buddy if things go real bad, etc. The AR is my primary "Oh ****!" Go-to-gun.

I am tossing around the idea of a 26-28" barrel for skeet shooting... or just buy another shotgun. Leaning towards the "buy another gun" route.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Academy, it was $364. Best I could find online would have only been about 20 bucks cheaper and been alot more hassle to get. Figured I'd rather walk out with it that day.

dragginaknee

Gun Addict!!
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 7, 2006
    Northshore (north of Covington)
    Instead of wasting money on a shorter forward grip, take the factory grip off and cut 2 inches off of it, then get some sandpaper and smooth it out. It will still look stock if you do it right. I have done about 6 sofar like that and you cant even tell.

JMC

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2007
    SLIDELL , LA
    I've been thinking about getting a shotgun to "throw in the closet".
    It seems like everybody gives this one a thumbs up, i'm gonna have to check them out.
    How many shells does it hold? Shoots good?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    that little gun sure did shoot nice LSP. I wouldnt have minded a chance to shoot it but Bourgeois was on my relay. I've toyed with the idea of putting a youth stock on mine. The standard stock fits me fine using the method you showed us, I just like compact long guns.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    unless i met up with you after hours or waited til we go back for "advanced" training, I wont be able to get it to you for awhile. I still need to get with Breland about my plate carrier, this working straight days thing is a PITA for getting stuff accomplished. at least on shift I have a few days a week for errands.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Right; pay them fifty bucks to MAYBE do it right...

I ordered it direct from Remington.

I donno, I guess I just got lucky. All I bought was a side saddle (~$20?) and they not only cut it for me but I went back the next day and had them intall it onto the slide part since I didn't have the tool to remove the old one.

Top Bottom