I think I stole an SKS...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Yugoslavian 59/66 SKS with Choate Dragunov stock, 4x25 scope and mount, 5-round detachable magazine, original receiver cover, original 10-round mag, and a very rugged steel bipod. Does not have bayonet, grenade launcher sight, or original stock. Bore and overall rifle appear to be in excellent shape.

The whole package

Choate stock, with adjustable length of pull

Used but functional scope and mount

Closeup of rear sight block

Bipod

I paid $100.00 cash. Whattya think?

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Looks pretty cool with that stock, although the cardboard takes away from the overall look. You got a deal that bayoushooters dream about!
    Thanks! I just wanted to get some quick pics after bringing her home, so the cardboard was fast and easy. I'll take some nicer photos after I clean her up a little. I'm thinking about taking her for a dance at the BZ Monday.

It was indeed a good deal, though a fair number of my BSC brethren have gotten similarly lucky. I guess it was my turn!

I'll probably get some Tapco 20-rounders, which are cheap and have a great reputation, and a muzzle brake. Without the bayo and original furniture, there's no way to ever make her C&R again without spending big $$. I already have 2 other C&R Yugos.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    Good deal????:confused:
    That's a f***ing awesome deal you ungrateful bastard.:mamoru:
    :rofl: OK, OK, I agree! I was trying to be humble. LACamper's already gonna be sobbing in his keyboard when he sees the pics. I don't wanna cause him any extra grief! :D

I am, needless to day, absolutely thrilled about getting this gun.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    The price of SKSs recently makes me kick myself in the ass for selling mine for what I paid for it.

I remember going to the Gun shows and you could buy the wood stock standard barrel ones for $89 all day long.

I had a paratrooper model. Short barrel, synthetic stock, parkerized etc. Paid a whopping $99 for it. Wish I still had it. That was a fun little gun

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Only sobbing a bit, damn you!

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in the pics. Cardboard backdrops? I was hoping to see your better half posing in Commie block camo with it... Maybe some shots of the little one blasting away at a picture of Hillary out at the BZ?

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    When a SKS is modified it is no longer considered a collectable/curio weapon. Make sure you are 922r compliant. Otherwise you are breaking the law. http://home.comcast.net/~navy87guy/home/922r.html
    Yep, I already knew it wasn't C&R. (Pretty much changing ANYTHING on a C&R weapon makes it "not C&R", so 922r compliance becomes necessary.)
    I'd also thoroughly researched the 922r compliance issues before buying it. It met the "10 or less" test. BTW, there is a wealth of SKS-specific 922r information on http://www.sksboards.com.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in the pics. Cardboard backdrops? I was hoping to see your better half posing in Commie block camo with it... Maybe some shots of the little one blasting away at a picture of Hillary out at the BZ?
    Cardboard, shmardboard! You guys are PICKY!
    Fine, I'll retake some pics, minus the cardboard. Geez... :D

asianak

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    sweet! Yea u did rob the person you bought that from. Because I paid $280 for mine. I love that style stock. I was torn between that one you have and the Tapco T-6 that I purchased. Congrats on ur SKS purchase.

Top Bottom