I Think I'm Done with SONS OF GUNS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Tonight's show is p*ssing me off in so many ways:
    1) Steph and Chris soap opera
    2) if a vet gives you a gun to work on and obviously doesn't want to talk about some of its history (which vets that went through traumatic events are known to do), then you're probably not going to push him for a story
    3) Are you BR boys giving the sherriff such a hard time out there that he needs a grenade launcher on his boat (on the stern no less, where it won't do a whole lot of good except when you're running away)?

Ugh. What say you?

Oh, and if you've been shooting your AK are you gonna rest your head/hair against the barrel.

Too much staged/formula crap.

You realize this forum is the un-official fan club of Red Jacket and Sons of Guns, right? I though everyone knew.

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    I'd rather watch American Horror Show or The Living Dead.

Me too. Walking Dead is what I think you meant though. Sons of Anarchy and Justified keep me watching too.

I saw the other night's episode while flipping around - watched just long enough to see the boat. I see no justification for gun boats run by the Sheriff. I like him as a Sheriff but if we need that kind of firepower on the river I think the Coast Guard should provide it. I mean the next thing will be surface to surface missiles and A10 air support.

You realize this forum is the un-official fan club of Red Jacket and Sons of Guns, right? I though everyone knew.

Yeah and AR15.com is the opposite. Brutually ruthless over there.

Last edited:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Me too. Walking Dead is what I think you meant though. Sons of Anarchy and Justified keep me watching too..

Yup. Walking Dead... Living Dead was cool but I did mean the current series. I've seen advertisements for Justified. I really want to start watching that one.

SOA has me walking that tightrope. The whole thing is a bunch of BS. Seriously? An MC is going to have a shootout on a major highway and nothing is ever said about it? Please... But Ryan Hurst and Ron Perlman demand my ass-in-chair attention every Tuesday night. And Danny Trejo being a good guy for a change? AWESOME!!! I can admit it's faults but I love the actors.

The_Shadow

The Shadow Knows!
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Southeast, LA
    Why would they mount the guns in the rear of a boat? Are the Bad Guys chasing the cops or running away? Oh that's right the cops are on the run...

BS!

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    +1 its tv, i like it because its giving some local business some attention. plus the one out there in the great ole US of A how cant have firearms get to see what people who get to exercise their second amendment right look like

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    Yup. Walking Dead... Living Dead was cool but I did mean the current series. I've seen advertisements for Justified. I really want to start watching that one.

SOA has me walking that tightrope. The whole thing is a bunch of BS. Seriously? An MC is going to have a shootout on a major highway and nothing is ever said about it? Please... But Ryan Hurst and Ron Perlman demand my ass-in-chair attention every Tuesday night. And Danny Trejo being a good guy for a change? AWESOME!!! I can admit it's faults but I love the actors.

I had to look Ryan Hurst up and have never put together that is "Gerry Bertier" till now. I was more entertained by the discharge of two grenade launchers and RPG's and no one IN CALIFORNIA asked anything.

Justified is entertaining to me as that area was home for several years of my life. The first episode had scene on a road I use to live on although everything about where they actually filmed it was wrong. Found out later is was somewhere in California.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    You know boats don't have rules like direction and staying in your lane like a car does, right?

Ummm, yes they do actually. It's called the Rules of the Road and you have to take the class to get your Towing or Tonnage license as well as refresher courses every few years. Hopefully, you were joking...

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    We can watch the rednecks shrimp on the History Channel, they talk funny. :D

That show is pert near stoopid...it's hard to understand why some one would try to make shrimping in 12 " water sound like it's as dangerous as Deadly Catch

The most serious problem so far is a deckhand blowing out a white boot sole and worring about foot fungus.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Me too. Walking Dead is what I think you meant though. Sons of Anarchy and Justified keep me watching too.

I saw the other night's episode while flipping around - watched just long enough to see the boat. I see no justification for gun boats run by the Sheriff. I like him as a Sheriff but if we need that kind of firepower on the river I think the Coast Guard should provide it. I mean the next thing will be surface to surface missiles and A10 air support.

Yeah and AR15.com is the opposite. Brutually ruthless over there.
    Odds are , they will never take delivery of those weapons , much less use them . As for ARFCOM , that place is full of world class idiots .

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I had to look Ryan Hurst up and have never put together that is "Gerry Bertier" till now. I was more entertained by the discharge of two grenade launchers and RPG's and no one IN CALIFORNIA asked anything.

Justified is entertaining to me as that area was home for several years of my life. The first episode had scene on a road I use to live on although everything about where they actually filmed it was wrong. Found out later is was somewhere in California.

I know. I didn't put two and two together until this season that Opie was the one and the same as several characters. I just knew I liked the actor very very much. He's one of the very few that I'm invested in and actually care to see him find salvation. Personally the only "good" soul in the MC, IMO. Quite honestly after that whole Belfast cluster, I was ready to give up on SOA. Reading some of the articles, Ryan Hurst has shined. I'd have to agree. He's the only reason I'm hanging around. And Tig. Crazy, mad as a hatter, whacked out Tig. :D

ETA: Yes, I know this is a thread hijack. But after the last 100 "SOGs SUCKS" thread, eh... :)

I also feel like I should add the disclaimer here since RJF employees are members and I don't wish to be impolite. My ambivalence is not against anyone on the show. I imagine Will is a hoot and holler to hang with. But I can probably count the number of reality shows I watch on two fingers and have one left over. If it's not Top Chef, it's not on my radar. ;)

Last edited:

wlwindham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    I agree that its a good show and there are a lot of things it doesnt show , like th efact that Kris is manager of thier custom shop that builds redjackets AK's but all thats too boring for TV

Top Bottom