I think my wife has depression

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nail Gun

Blissfully Ignorant
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Slidell
    I was actually shocked when I discovered how many people I knew were on some fashion of medication. It's not a cure but the right meds in the right doses definitely improve one's quality of life. There is no shame in seeking help. I honestly think it takes a lot for someone admit they need help and follow through. Good luck, I hope everything works out.

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    Take her on a cruise, spend more time involving her into your daily routine, pick up a new joint hobby, buy a motorcycle and travel, buy a motorhome and travel, etc etc etc

Seeking professional help is also recommended but even with pills sge requires for you to be her rock and she needs to be ur center of attention

best of luck and remember you have the power to help her overcome

this is good advise!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    For a quick fix, how about a puppy?

+1

Sometimes people need a happy event to get them back on track. Being responsible for someone/something can limit those suicidal tendencies (being needed I guess).
    A change of scenery might help.

Just in case, lock up the guns, knives, and meds. Women tend to OD rather than shoot themselves. Probably too messy...and they won't look good when they're found...

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Is she on birth control? My wife switched bc once and it affected her greatly. When she got off of it, she went back go being the woman I married. It took a long time to finally get her to understand what was going on and then to figure out what was causing it. Her gyn finally gave the correct advice after her phsyc had her on all kinds of **** that would space her out and not work either.

armorkav

armorkav
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hattiesburg ms
    Based on my experience with a depressed wife. The first thing you should do is throw that book away. Anyone can diagnose them selves to death reading that thing. then start to do anything you can to help her out of it. I am not adoctor but as soon as i got my wife off that book things got better.

Tib

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Walker, LA
    +1 on the motorcycle and the cruise. As Nail Gun said very many people are on antidepressants. I'd get her to a doc soon. Be sure that you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers.

t

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    If you're not financially in a position to go on vacation, why would you add a financial stress to your life???
    Or get her a puppy to take care of when she doesn't want to take care of herself???

I don't know a psychiatrist either, but now would really be the time to find one.
    We can all speculate about what we think you should do, but only a true professional can help her (and you).

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    If you're not financially in a position to go on vacation, why would you add a financial stress to your life???
    Or get her a puppy to take care of when she doesn't want to take care of herself???

I don't know a psychiatrist either, but now would really be the time to find one.
    We can all speculate about what we think you should do, but only a true professional can help her (and you).

Well said.

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Lake Charles

Finances aren't a problem it's time that is. She can't take off for her new job yet and I'm not going to get any time off till June at this rate.

I like the idea of a puppy though. We have been wanting a dog, but we were going to wait till we moved to a bigger place later this year. I'll think about getting one for her early.

To update the situation I sent her shopping with my sister today and convinced her to go to some parades tomorrow where one of her old friends will be. I hope it's just a funk and this will get her out of it, but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for the advice. :cheers:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom