Ibberville Parish Shooting Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ddski5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Prairieville
    I’ve been wanting to go sight in my 2-AR-15’s, 243 and 30-06 for a while now. Did not want to go to an indoor range- pointless to me and just don’t have the freedom or elbow room there.

Really needed to do a recon on one because I want to educate my daughters and get them comfortable with handling firearms. Googled mapped shooting ranges from Prairieville and closest ones were Ibberville Parish, Nicks and Bridgeview. Ascension Parish Sheriff Range is only open certain days….

Called Nicks (4/1/23) and seems the Corps of Engineers is doing some work close by and has them shut down a bit.

Called Ibberville and they are closed on Mondays so decided to go on Wednesday.

Bridgeview was through Baton Rouge and over bridge- ahhhh no…..

Ibberville was 45mins away, showed up went into the office, the lady was super nice behind the counter. Got a military discount. Must use their targets $2 a target. All rifles are to be in a rifle case from truck to range and if you don’t happen to have one, they were nice enough to offer a lender case.

I have a double rifle tactical bag that can be hand carried or put on my back. Packed up one AR and the 243 and went to the range. There was one shooter and 4 range officers there. I went down to lane 8 and awaited instruction from the range officer. He explained their expectations, set up target at 25yds, and I set up my first AR. I zeroed in my first AR with the help of one of the range officers on a spotting scope. Down 5 right 2- adjusted, center red, center red. Switched and did the same for the 243. Then moved the target from 25yds to 100yds and shot both rifles again. Removed the quick detach 1x6 and was surprised to hit decent with iron sights at 100yds.

After consistent hits on target, packed them up, went to truck and switched over for another AR and 30:06. Went through the same routine with the same helpful assistance from range officer spotting for me.

I found the trigger pulls AR vs deer rifle to be very distinctively different. I never really realized it before….The deer rifles have much lower lb trigger pull- has to be less than 3lbs because I know that the LaRue Tactical trigger in one AR is 4lbs. Just really eye opening to shoot the AR and then switch over to a much lighter trigger pull. But that’s the way it’s suppose to be….not anticipate the crack. And then of course, shooting an AR with a T2 buffer then a 30.06 will most def wake you up with the recoil.

Overall, I zeroed/sighted in 4 rifles in two hours and had a great time. I was very impressed with the facility, very impressed with the courteous/helpful staff and the manner in which they conducted business on and off the range. They were not asinine Natzi range personnel who yearn for range control. You could tell they had a lot of experience judging folks abilities with firearms thus allowing it all to flow smooth with direction.

Hats off to you guys/gals. Thanks for the great time, I will be back with my daughters.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom