If you can't leave are you free ??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    No I am saying that the country would be better off w/o gang bangers, dumb white trash (you know the ones I am talking about so dont everyone start saying oh I am dumb white trash what about me) and other leaches and scum of society.

The easiest way to identify both of those is the famous: My babey didnt do nuffin.

Or just watch cops.

lacowboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Scott
    Hey theres some good thinkin
    "As for my quality of life it is just fine and getting better"

translated
    If things are goin good for me to hell with the others, LOL

ok cowboy, so when you wake up from that dream world without your guns and freedom whacha gonna do then ??

I hope the ground swell tea party mentality puts F O G in the blood suckers in DC too

But if it don't ......you better be makin up your mind which side you will come down on

AND to the rest of those who are willing to roll over........thats the danger, like said by cowboy things are goin good for me right now, let it ride, but be ready, this guy and his cohorts are after complete control and a one party system, gettin them out later will be much harder if at all possible

For those afraid of the Fed using military action,:
    So you are saying you would expect a free country to become a cheep ass third world dictatorship by forcing the subjects to stay in the union

That would be a sad day and prove everyones fears to be true

What you are saying is nothing new the other side of the isle said the exact same thing the past 8 years while Bush was doing everything he could to stomp all over the constitution.

I doubt I will ever wake up and be told that I cannot have my guns. People have been thinking that will happen for years and it has not and never will. Even when the assault weapons ban was in effect, no one ever told you you could not keep your guns. Hell they didn't even take away the ones that they banned. So assuming that anyone in America will ever do a door to door and remove our guns is just being paranoid. As far as anyone being forced to stay in the Union. You and anyone that want to are free at any time to leave the country. The Country I live in is The United States Of America. United never has and never will mean separate. No State will ever succeed from the union ever again. To do so it would have to be put on a ballot for a vote and the act of putting such a thing on any ballot is in fact treason. It will never happen, and that is just fact.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What you are saying is nothing new the other side of the isle said the exact same thing the past 8 years while Bush was doing everything he could to stomp all over the constitution.

I doubt I will ever wake up and be told that I cannot have my guns. People have been thinking that will happen for years and it has not and never will. Even when the assault weapons ban was in effect, no one ever told you you could not keep your guns. Hell they didn't even take away the ones that they banned. So assuming that anyone in America will ever do a door to door and remove our guns is just being paranoid. As far as anyone being forced to stay in the Union. You and anyone that want to are free at any time to leave the country. The Country I live in is The United States Of America. United never has and never will mean separate. No State will ever succeed from the union ever again. To do so it would have to be put on a ballot for a vote and the act of putting such a thing on any ballot is in fact treason. It will never happen, and that is just fact.

It happened in new orleans when martial law was declared for katrina.so,umm,yeah it can and will happen. and no they didnt just take them form the blacks either.

lacowboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Scott
    It happened in new orleans when martial law was declared for katrina.so,umm,yeah it can and will happen. and no they didnt just take them form the blacks either.

I figured someone would enter an extreme case of when it happened. Try being realistic. People were told to leave New Orleans as I remember. Those who obeyed the law lost nothing.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I figured someone would enter an extreme case of when it happened. Try being realistic. People were told to leave New Orleans as I remember. Those who obeyed the law lost nothing.

It doesn't matter.They still will do it whether your a law abiding citizen or not.As I remember NO was unprepared about everything and everyone couldnt be evacuated in time. You cant tell me that is a good enough reason for full on gun confiscation. There is no good reason for gun confiscation man its our ******* right PERIOD.

robbynola

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    The Fed would probably try their best to keep Louisiana, with force if need be, so that they don't lose control over the mouth of the Mississippi. A lot of oil comes through it and I'm sure the cost would go up if they had to bring it through alternate means.

I don't think it would be feasible for most states to secede based on a defense standpoint. The Fed is going to send in troops and most state national guards are very small even before you consider that part of their numbers are federalized in the sandbox. They'd stand no chance fighting back. We could cross our fingers for the unorganized militia to stand up and fight, but the feds first priority will be to secure the state where American Idol is filmed so the would be militia will have to stay home.

lacowboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Scott
    It doesn't matter.They still will do it whether your a law abiding citizen or not.As I remember NO was unprepared about everything and everyone couldnt be evacuated in time. You cant tell me that is a good enough reason for full on gun confiscation. There is no good reason for gun confiscation man its our ******* right PERIOD.

I suggest you never have anything happen again that will invoke martial law. when martial law is invoked you then have no rights. At the point when the buses arrived in New Orleans everyone was told to leave until it could be secured. Those who did not leave were in violation of the law. No house to house confiscation happened until after that point. I don't believe there was a house to house confiscation either. The only guns that were taken were the ones they say.They are lucky that is all that was done to them. They had the right to shoot on sight.New Orleans is lucky the commander in charge was who he was or a lot worse could have happened.

D-DAY

The Bronx Bull
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2006
    Hammond
    I suggest you never have anything happen again that will invoke martial law. when martial law is invoked you then have no rights. At the point when the buses arrived in New Orleans everyone was told to leave until it could be secured. Those who did not leave were in violation of the law. No house to house confiscation happened until after that point. I don't believe there was a house to house confiscation either. The only guns that were taken were the ones they say.They are lucky that is all that was done to them. They had the right to shoot on sight.New Orleans is lucky the commander in charge was who he was or a lot worse could have happened.
    So many things wrong here.

Not everyone could leave without assistance. When you look at the limited timeframe, lack of a plan, scale of necessary logistics, inept leadership, etc... you can't seriously blame everyone that stayed.

All Hail Cheif Riley and Supreme Czar Nagin!

Last edited:

noblethewhite

B.O.W. Crewmember #515
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Watching Hannity tonite, Gov Rick of Texas is making some stir about Texas seceeding from the united states.

Geraldo the punk went crazy against such an idea, the others, An ex mob member and a columnist I don't know said something to the effect that Federal Govt should not be allowed any more intrusion into states rights and peoples lives. Hannity was pro seccession.

My question is, would it be possible for Texas to leave the union and if they or other states decide to do so, who would favor Louisiana following suit ?? After all, if you can't leave how can you be called free ???

This may be hard to answer on the internet, but if you ain't comfortable answering, at least its something for thought

Dawg

If the government keeps pushing this bs and shaking hands w/ dictators, I'm definitely favor us getting the **** out. It only seems logical b/c what we are becoming is no longer the united states. I would see it as our patriotic duty. Actually we should probably just get together w/ the rest of the states who aren't standing for this bs and kick the rest out. Tell um you keep the change, we're keeping the united states.

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    Also might want to keep in mind that under martial law.. The police dont even get to keep their weapons..

New Orleans never declared martial law.. They mearly enacted a cerfew...

You cant say they went thru the streets because of martial law taking away guns..

The west bank had similar crap going on (looting not flooding) and there where people all over carrying guns .. None where taken away.. (we didnt flood but there was alot of looting going on here same as there..)

It happened in New Orleans the way it did because Nagin is a sack of crap...

It didnt happen on the Westbank (or Metairie) cause Harry Lee was a real man...

L

Louisiana Shooter

Hey theres some good thinkin
    "As for my quality of life it is just fine and getting better"

translated
    If things are goin good for me to hell with the others, LOL

ok cowboy, so when you wake up from that dream world without your guns and freedom whacha gonna do then ??

I hope the ground swell tea party mentality puts F O G in the blood suckers in DC too

But if it don't ......you better be makin up your mind which side you will come down on

AND to the rest of those who are willing to roll over........thats the danger, like said by cowboy things are goin good for me right now, let it ride, but be ready, this guy and his cohorts are after complete control and a one party system, gettin them out later will be much harder if at all possible

For those afraid of the Fed using military action,:
    So you are saying you would expect a free country to become a cheep ass third world dictatorship by forcing the subjects to stay in the union

That would be a sad day and prove everyones fears to be true

I believe that what was true on April 19, 1775 remains true today: that the proper time to begin violently resisting one's government is when one's government abandon's it's citizens totally by physically attempting to take away their arms. Violent resistence prior to that point is premature, as we do not shoot people for bloviating, and resistence without arms later would certainly be futile.

To clarify, we must all fight when the government makes an orchestrated attempt to physically seize citizen's arms. Waiting until they come for yours would be futile as well.

Jimmy Dean

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    One thing that I want to ask, what law were people breaking by staying in THEIR OWN HOMES!!! A MANDATORY evacuation is ********. What should have been done and said (provided that the city was able to to provide adequate evacuation ability) would have been saying, you are free to stay, but we are not coming in to save you.

So what if people decided to stay home, risk the weather, and protect the things that they have worked for in their lives. I applaud them. There was no reason, ever, at all, to take away their firearms.

And you should not be naive enough to think that it will not happen again.

L

Louisiana Shooter

Nobody had the right to shoot people on sight for merely failing to heed an evacuation order. Failing to heed an evacuation order isn't even a criminal violation if the failure was due to a physical impossibility. Are you mad?

Would you care to cite any sources?

lacowboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Scott
    Nobody had the right to shoot people on sight for merely failing to heed an evacuation order. Failing to heed an evacuation order isn't even a criminal violation if the failure was due to a physical impossibility. Are you mad?

Would you care to cite any sources?

No I am not mad. Can you read??? Nowhere did I ever say anything about not obeying an evacuation order. But once the National Guard took over the situation, the people were required to obey everything they were told. No exceptions. Now go back and read exactly what I said and stop trying to put words in my mouth. That is beside the fact anyway. The was never any door to door search for guns anyway. They had a lot better things to do. Guns were only taken from people who openly had them in the streets.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    With exception of a few ( cowboy )thinkers......LOL, this is just the kind of response I'd ask for

We have all given at least primary thought to the situation should it arise. I hope it never does but I have a very difficult time understanding those that would back the Federal Gvts position that if a state wants to leave the alliance it would be held captive by force.

I don't know if that is the Feds policy, but I'm sure they have one, precedent would say they will use force if necessary to keep themselves in ******* hi shag carpet tho.

We are not even a shadow of what I understand the founding fathers would have had in mind tho

Things were bad with the shrub and his dad both, now its much worse.

Imagine if you will that all the illegals get some kind of citizenship and the welfare roles exceed the number of people not on public aid, add to that the frothing mouth limp wrist pelozi reed fan clubs.......do you think we would ever see a republican in power again ??

But thats another thread......

Theres a thread over on GT like this in Political Issues, most of them sound like most of us, and its a bigger cross section oc the country

Ck this out, at least some of the framers agree with the right to leave and didn't believe in kidnapping

Thomas Jefferson in his First Inaugural Address said, "If there be any among us who would wish to dissolve this Union, or to change its republican form, let them stand undisturbed as monuments of the safety with which error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left to combat it." Fifteen years later, after the New England Federalists attempted to secede, Jefferson said, "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation ... to a continuance in the union .... I have no hesitation in saying, 'Let us separate.'"

God will make a way if we pray, and I believe that , I also believe that God has provided us with drinking water but if we pray for water while standing next to a shovel not in use , we will probably get really thirsty.....is this a parable ??

Last edited:

Gravity

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    No states have the right to leave the union. It's not a constitutional provision nor is it preserved in any state constitution. Theoretically, a state could sue in federal court but it would be a lost cause. Another approach would be to declare seperated status and declare ware on the nation to assert that status. There's no easy method nor is there a likelihood of success without significant use of force and bloodshed.

I can only recommend that you join Obama's civilian militia when it's being formed so we can have control of military assets allocated to protect and preserve locally. After all, someone's got to watch all that ammo.

Gravity

Top Bottom