If your looking at upgrading on verizon wireless, Step INside.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    So, as it has been discussed on here I like Verizon over ATT.

That being said, I had already survived my two years and plus with the same phone and since work is pushing more and more packages that are large to my phone I NEEDED to upgrade..
    I looked around and found the Turbo had more ram over the others.. 3 gig vs 2.

I was set on buying it and went to the store in denham to touch and feel.. nice folks there..

When it came to decision time I was on college and was leaving church and decided since I was close to that store I would go there..
    Met sales guy names Chris or Christopher. Chris for sure..

told him my wants...
    He said, I can get you into a phone, and GIVE you all of these accessories for free.. I said SELF .. there is a catch.. I tried to ask what the catch was about 5 different ways.. he never could or would tell me..
    He proceeded to sell me a tablet, which I had NO clue also had a line of service and they put me on a rental plan.. called the EDGE for my phone.. renting the damn thing for 2 years..
    I did not discover this until reading receipts at home.. while charging phone..

I promptly went back yesterday at opening time and got on the right plan, returning all the **** and canceling the extra line.. Now I have my phone and where I would have been without all his deceit.

Word to the wise, be aware that this is new tactic for them.. they get credit for selling all the extra crap.. he gets credit for the line and such..
    There were several in line waiting to return items.. several.

Hope this helps someone ..

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    When my wife's flip phone was stolen, I told her to go buy a new $100 phone. The sale man talked her into a "Free" phone, but added another line for $9.99 a month for 24 months. $100 vs $239.76! They are not looking out for your best interests.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    That's not really a new tactic. My bride and I had Alltel (Man I miss that group!) that then became Verizon with the buyout. After our plans were up we opted to upgrade to one with data. They tried the same trick with us, offering all kinds of things, one of which was the tablet. They didn't say during their spiel that you'd have to have a data plan separate for the tablet. As we were checking out I caught him and called him out on it.

Last time I went in with my daughter as they said it'd only take 30-45 minutes to change over to the new phone. 3 freaking hours later it happened. Fortunate that my daughter (almost two at the time) was a little angel.

My wife wanted to upgrade not long ago. I went to Best Buy and was in and out in less than 20 minutes.

Verizon's coverage rocks. Their in store service sucks.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    They got me with the "FREE" tablet. Bastards. Oh well, the kids can use it for $10 a month. The service is the only reason to stay with them, way overpriced.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Most of the people in my area in Pride are AT&T customers and when the news of Verizon building a tower in downtown Pride people were excited. Some changed over and found that their cellphone calls weren't any better than AT&T.
    Then they were told the tower is only doing data not voice. They are not happy.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    They got me with the "FREE" tablet. Bastards. Oh well, the kids can use it for $10 a month. The service is the only reason to stay with them, way overpriced.

My dad has the free tablet and absolutely LOVES it. Even for $10 bucks a month for 24 months, it still beats buying a new tablet.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Well, the first 30 day billing has rolled, and guess what ... wait for it.................... little longer.....................

my tablet that I returned is still active.. I opened a report with the 360 dept.. we shall see.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Just like car buying, you've gotta know what you want and what you are paying for when you walk in. I cracked my 2+ year old RazrHD and had an upgrade so I got a Turbo recently as well. Walked in, said I wanted a 64GB Turbo and nothing else, and walked out.

The phone absolutely flies, btw. Anybody on Big Red check it out, it's got pretty much the best hardware they can put into a phone right now.

Top Bottom