Illegal carry question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    When I worked in LE, I carried my Beretta 92 concealed into bars every time. No one knew about it. I made sure to avoid confrontations inside the bar. The only reason I would have even considered drawing it would have been a 64G committed against the bar. The main reason I carried it was for protection from the door to my car.
    The alternative is to ask the 64G perp for permission to go back to your car to get your duty gun or CC handgun.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    When I worked in LE, I carried my Beretta 92 concealed into bars every time. No one knew about it. I made sure to avoid confrontations inside the bar. The only reason I would have even considered drawing it would have been a 64G committed against the bar. The main reason I carried it was for protection from the door to my car.
    The alternative is to ask the 64G perp for permission to go back to your car to get your duty gun or CC handgun.

64G?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

BR55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2013

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    seems like that's all the more reason to allow law abiding people to carry, since criminals don't obey laws and do shoot up crowded clubs...just my 2 cents though

Yeah that's what I would think too.

I mean, I understand wanting to avoid bad places, people, situations.

However, if I have to enter some bad area that's when I would want my gun the most.

Sitting on my sofa, walking my dog in my neighborhood, going to church, whatever, seems like places I would least ever need a means of defending myself. Going to the bank, going to an event downtown, or picking up friends from a bar in a seedy part of town seems like the whole point of carrying.

But what the laws say is another thing altogether.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Top Bottom