I'm done using the US Postal Service!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've been waiting on material and hardware for the past week. I payed for 2 day shipping and my package was 3 days late before I took a trip to the post office. Tracking stopped after leaving Georgia so I was unable to find my package. After much frustration, I was told my packaged had been missent. It somehow ended up in Slidell. Today my package has still not shown up, so my second trip to the post office took place. My package had been missent three times. Now it is in New Orleans and It is expected to be here tomorrow morning.

Anyone know of anything I can do as far as getting a refund on my "2 day" shipping?

mprice

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    The US postal system is and has been broken for some time. It's famously terrible across the country - but seems to be even worse in Louisiana. I had a package lost around Christmas time last year that took over one month to get delivered to New Orleans (from Breaux Bridge).

Supposedly, there is a story about a bet that was wagered between two state politicians on how long it would take for one letter to get from the east side of BR to the west side of BR (one said three days, the other bet on five). It took over a week for the letter to cross one city!

I have learned, and would counsel others, that UPS is a much safer way to go.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The monroe post office isn't bad it takes a normal amount of time for the most part. From what I have read its all of you that live in the big ebt populated cities.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    Contact the shipper. It is his responsibility to get the package to you. If it didn't show up on time it is his problem. Complain to them or threaten to refuse delivery and they will credit you the shipping charges.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Contact the shipper. It is his responsibility to get the package to you. If it didn't show up on time it is his problem. Complain to them or threaten to refuse delivery and they will credit you the shipping charges.

The shipper as in... the one who sent the package, on time and properly addressed, postage paid in full?

Because if so... :doh:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I just don't understand how it can make it's way from the east coast, get to southern Louisiana, and suddenly become lost. How stupid are the workers in Louisiana?

It's USPS's fault not the company that I ordered from.

Last edited:

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Dave

WORst case scenario I will be home tomorrow and I have a couple of sheets of the green, I have some rivets and some screws

Remember I was suppose to get started doing holsters and got too lazy hehe, if you dont get the stuff let me know and I will send you what I have (so you can make my HOLSTER)

:D

Last edited:

Rahllin

Geaux Tigers!
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have used USPS more times than I can count, and I have never run into any issues with either shipping or receiving. I am probably jinxing myself, but that is all I ever use. I sent something overnight from Tallahassee, FL to California about a month ago. I sent it around 1pm Eastern time and it was there by 3pm Pacific time the next day. I usually get things in 2-3 days regular priority mail when I order or buy something online from the shipped date.

I will say one thing... their "tracking" stuff is worthless. On several occasions I have received something that the tracking basically says was never even processed, but I usually always get it on time.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's supposed to be in Ponchatoula tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. and my mail is usually at the house by 9:30 a.m. I will be "patiently" waiting on my comfortable porch swing for a mail truck to arrive, in which case I will run full sprint like an enraged zombie as if the package were brains.

Today hasn't been too exciting for me. Especially after I found this waiting for me when I got to the truck.

315577_10150361097065963_668105962_8355154_389007167_n.jpg

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Like I've said before, I ship 20+ packages 6 days a week with USPS. While the tracking is shaky sometimes, everything gets to my customers very quickly. Well, except for packages sent to Italy and Brazil, but that's a customs issue.

I will say though, many of their employees suck and they have really crappy attitudes. There are some good ones, but it makes you mad when you spend $200 a day on shipping, and they give you attitude for having so many packages.

And I make it easier for them, because I only use prepaid PayPal labels. All they have to do is scan them in.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Don't let the dealership fool you into replacing the whole mirror they can replace just the glass alot cheaper!!!!! The one I worked for always tried ripping people off because they made more money on the whole thing.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    You can get those mirrors on eBay too and replace it yourself.

Off topic, but I'm assuming part of a passing vehicle hit your mirror? One thing that pisses me off is the gall some people have in parking lots with truck mirrors. One place I worked at had a lot of ghetto trash, any time you weren't parked to their liking the would use their hand to push your mirror all the way back so they could waddle through.

I mean if you have that much of an issue, walk your ass around. Adjusting a passenger side mirror with no help is a PIA.

Top Bottom