I'm done using the US Postal Service!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yep, some idiot passing by. I didn't see it happen, but if I did I probably would have chased them down and gave them a good slap up side the head.

I would like to just replace the glass since the mirror is fine.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    You can get those mirrors on eBay too and replace it yourself.

Off topic, but I'm assuming part of a passing vehicle hit your mirror? One thing that pisses me off is the gall some people have in parking lots with truck mirrors. One place I worked at had a lot of ghetto trash, any time you weren't parked to their liking the would use their hand to push your mirror all the way back so they could waddle through.

I mean if you have that much of an issue, walk your ass around. Adjusting a passenger side mirror with no help is a PIA.

Time to upgrade to the 21st century!!! Every vehicle I have been in has power adjusting mirrors!! Hell my grandads 97 crv has them lol.

Last edited:

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    The glass just pops in getting it out is the hard part but looks like they did a goodjob. Should be able to find the glass online or order from a dealership.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I've never had a problem with the post office and UPS is slower than molasses to get anything ground shipped. You'll be lucky to get it in a week. I just got a rifle in from Michigan and it took 2 days to get here priority mail. Fedex is about as fast as priority, UPS can go suck themselves. I always put delivery confirmation on anything I ship out and request it on anything I recieve. You can't track it with the insurance number. I shipped something to California and it took 3 days to get there. i dunno about nawlins or slidell post offices but they are highly efficient here in walker and when I mail something at the post office near the sorting center at perkins and bluebonnet.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Time to upgrade to the 21st century!!! Every vehicle I have been in has power adjusting mirrors!! Hell my grandads 97 crv has them lol.

The truck is early 2000s, as I stated in another thread it was the only manual transmission on the lot. They said it was a "work package". No power locks/windows, plastic crap instead of carpet (in hindsight great decision on that part) and no cd player.
    No cruise control either :/

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    My silverado is a 2000 and it has power everything.

To be honest an on topic: I've never had an issue with shipping items only recieving them.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    All shipping companies have their good and bad days or loose an occasional package. I've used them all over the years and had hits and misses on all.
    Last week I shipped via USPS a Taser to Phoenix for repair. Got there in 2 days. I bubble wrappped the hell out of it though, just in case.
    A few times I've had getting USPS to deliver packages. I work nights and am home days so I'm HERE when the mail lady makes here rounds. I'll be waiting for the delivery and after the time I know she usually passes I finally get up and see that she's dropped off the mail but instead of knocking and giving me my package there's a slip telling me that it's waiting at the Post Office. WTF!?!? Why the hell would it be there? So I have to take the slip and drive 6 miles out of my way to go pick up my package that could have been dropped at my door with the rest of my damn mail.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    At one time I was shipping 20-30 packages a day for about 8 weeks.
    All USPS Priority with Paypal shipping labels.

I only had one problem with all those packages.
    Even though the shipping address was correct, buyer got it fine the second time I shipped it, the package was marked "no such address" and when sent back to me kept being sent from Shreveport to New Orleans and back again for 10 days before I could get some one with USPS to get it coming back to me.
    Also a USPS rep can get more tracking info that what you see on the their website.

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've been waiting on material and hardware for the past week. I payed for 2 day shipping and my package was 3 days late before I took a trip to the post office. Tracking stopped after leaving Georgia so I was unable to find my package. After much frustration, I was told my packaged had been missent. It somehow ended up in Slidell. Today my package has still not shown up, so my second trip to the post office took place. My package had been missent three times. Now it is in New Orleans and It is expected to be here tomorrow morning.

Anyone know of anything I can do as far as getting a refund on my "2 day" shipping?

The USPS does not offer two day shipping. Priority Mail is advertised as 2-3 day shipping "on average" but there is not guarantee of the delivery time. They also do not have tracking numbers, only delivery confirmation numbers which sometimes show up as scanned along the route. Now if you had paid for Express Mail then there would be a guaranteed delivery date and a real tracking number. That is the only service you can get a refund for in terms of a late delivery.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Then what USPS is advertising is false. If Priority Mail is 2-3 day shipping then they do offer 2 day shipping. Obviously it doesn't show up on time. I was emailed with a tracking number, the worker at the post office told me it was the tracking number. I don't want to sound like a prick, but put two and two together... It's a tracking number. It tracked my package ( for the most part ).

It just showed up on my doorstep. No knock, no doorbell. Just left for me to find.

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    That # they give you when something is shipped priority or deliver confirmation ... it never does anything for me. I get the # from a shipper who says they shipped on Monday. Tuesday morning it finally works on the website, says gathering info or something, 2 days later the package arrives, still no update.

I went back weeks later after receiving a package and no update.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom